In 1999, we introduced coffee drinking and gourmet café culture to Kenya. As we grew, we created more spots where people could enjoy the Java experience conveniently. Java House is on the move — we’re building branches and creating jobs all over East Africa, working to bring the Java experience closer to you. Our coffee houses would not be what they are without the effort, commitment and passion of the Java House team who make sure each branch is a place where everyone feels at home. Quality and professionalism are deeply rooted in our culture and we ensure that every cup poured and every plate served is a reflection of our promise of offering only the best.
Assist in preparing contracts, examining the legal aspects of the business, researching and drafting legal memos to the Management when changes are made to the laws. Analyze issues of compliance and non-compliance within the business.
Legal Internship Key Responsibilities
- Perform legal research on general areas and new developments on law.
- Manage case files
- Perform administrative duties such as filing, scanning and managing files.
- Assist with preparation of trials or memoranda.
- Assist in minute taking in hearings.
- Follow up of the intellectual property applications.
- Assist in writing & summarizing comparative case notes on the reviewed documents including contracts and other legal documents and ensure the check-list is adhered to.
- Assist in conducting legal and statutory compliance of the business.
Requirements for the Legal Internship
- Should have a minimum degree in Law from a recognized institution
- Must be conversant and with relevant knowledge on Property Laws, Business Laws, and Labor Laws.
- Should have good Research Skills
- Be computer literate
- Have worked before in a law firm or other legal office setting.
- Possess organizational skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Flexible and adaptable
- Should be a team player and work with other teams and professionals in legal matters.
- Good research and investigative skills to conduct legal research.
- Able to work within deadlines and under minimum supervision
- Ability to review laws and new regulations and assist in reporting to the Company.
- Ability to organize and maintain documents in paper and electronic filing system
How to Apply
Interested and qualified? Go to Java House career website on www.teamiq.com to apply