Refs BA/17 (FIXED TERN: 1 YEAR)
Jhpiego, an affiliate of the Johns Hopkins University, is an international NGO committed to improving the health of women and their families. Jhpiego-Kenya works in close collaboration with both the Ministry of Health at National level and with County Governments in the areas of HIV/AIDS, Malaria. TB. Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Reproductive Health.
Family Planning and Non-Communicable Diseases. We are currently recruiting highly experienced individuals with excellent technical skills, who are a team player, innovative, dedicated, hardworking, highly motivated and able to work in a high pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities for our JEMS department.
JEMS is the Jhpiego Enterprise Management System, used throughout the organization both in Kenya and other Jhpiego country offices. The JEMS team works with Jhpiego’s business units to automate enterprise processes in an effective and efficient software solution.
Reporting to the Senior Systems Analyst, the Business Analysts will be responsible for requirements gathering, documentation (functional and technical specifications), change management and quality assurance of JEMS.
Business Analyst Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with Jhpiego management and software development team to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve business processes.
- Assist departmental heads in automating current business operations into JEMS to support the function/ business.
- Review, analyze, and create detailed documentation of business processes and user needs.
- Work with programmers to prototype and carry tests on new products to ensure that the product meet user requirements and are effective.
- Define, develop and technical specifications, implement quality assurance practices and procedures, end user test plans and other quality assurance assessments.
- Monitor project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; reporting on progress and recommending actions and improvements.
- Work with support staff on user guide manual development and training user exercises. Required
Qualifications for the Business Analyst Job
- Bachelor’s degree in IT or related field (Masters preferred)
- 3 years’ experience working in a fast-paced business environment preferably in finance & administration.
- Current knowledge of technologies and technology standards and an understanding of the constraints and benefits of each.
- Knowledge and experience in proficiently handling software development projects.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills and analytical skills.
- Experience in writing policies, procedures and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- Any relevant business analysis professional certifications an added advantage
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees quoting the respective reference number to [email protected] by 16th June 2017.
Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.