Jhpiego, an affiliate of the Johns Hopkins University, is an international NGO committed to improving the health of women and their families.
Jhpiego-Kenya works in close collaboration with both the Ministry of Health at National level and with County Governments in the areas of HIV/AIDS, Malaria, TB, Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Reproductive Health, Family Planning and Non-Communicable Diseases.
Jhpiego-Kenya is currently recruiting for anticipated projects.
We are seeking for experienced individuals with excellent leadership and technical skills, who are team players, dedicated, hardworking, innovative, highly motivated and able to work on a high pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities.
Deputy Director – Monitoring Evaluation
Reporting to the Director of MER, the Deputy Director- Monitoring and Evaluation will be responsible for the overall coordination of Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) in Jhpiego Kenya.
S/he will, lead the country M&E capacity building for the projects, technical reporting, ensure data quality and build the capacity for the implementation of an effective M&E/HMIS system in Jhpiego Kenya.
- Lead country compliance with Jhpiego and Kenya M&E, policies, procedures, systems, and standards.
- Leads the country to implement M&E standards and develop standards tools, guidance and Standard Operating Procedures which are used across projects.
- Leads the development of M&E plans, frameworks, logic models and PMP tables for new projects and continuously supports the project M&E teams.
- Reviews and provides input into all project reports and work plans for quality assurances.
- Manage the effective implementation and utilization of Jhpiego’s JEMS PMM module to ensure accurate program monitoring and reporting.
- Facilitate on-the-job M&E training for capacity development in use of data for decision making.
- Develop and maintain a system for archiving M&E guidelines and tools.
- Provide supervision, guidance and mentorship of M&E staff and ensure team spirit
- Participate in program design and guidance in new program development
- Represent and deputize the Director MER as required.
- Represent Jhpiego in high level meetings with partners, professional bodies and conferences.
- A Master’s degree in M&E, Epidemiology, Statistics, health or related field a PhD will be an added advantage.
- Eight years of work experience in leading M&E of health projects and/or HMIS work in Kenya.
- Experience working with MOH systems and personnel and in USAID-funded projects.
- Knowledge of and practical experience in health-related research and ethical requirements.
- Excellent analytical, oral and report- writing skills.
- Computer literacy, particularly in the use of MS Office and SPSS/ STATA.
Senior Technical Advisor – Non Communicable Diseases
The Senior Technical Advisor NCD will provide technical leadership in the area of NCDs at Jhpiego.
S/he will integrate NCD across other Jhpiego programs and work with other Jhpiego teams to design and implement NCD projects.
The Senior Technical Advisor NCD will also liaise with Jhpiego Technical Advisors regionally and globally to ensure comprehensive technical and programmatic support to all programs.
- Provide overall technical leadership and guidance for Jhpiego NCDs programs in Kenya.
- Provide technical review of reference and technical materials (guidelines, training materials, etc) as required.
- Develop and/or contribute to reports (e.g. annual, semi-annual), work plans and budgets.
- Stay up-to-date with the international standards and guidelines related to NCDs and implications for programming.
- Provide technical updates to program staff on innovative issues in NCDs.
- Provide leadership in discussions with donors and MOH and key stakeholders on matters relating to NCDs.
- Lead or participate in the submission of abstracts, papers, and presentations to peer reviewed journals and international and domestic conferences.
- Represent Jhpiego in technical working groups for NCDs, donors, international meetings and conferences and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to new business development by identifying new funding opportunities and proposal writing.
- Masters in Internal medicine. An MPH will be an added advantage.
- Excellent knowledge and skills in management of Hypertension, Diabetes Mellitus, Breast Cancer, Cervical Cancer and other NCDs.
- Must have over 10 years’ experience in management of NCD programs.
- Excellent analytical, communication and report writing skills.
- Ability to support projects, set priorities, and plans for the successful implementation of programs.
- Experience working with MOH, county government ad health in the devolved systems and personnel.
- Experience working with donor funding agencies and private sector foundations.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send a CV with three referees and detailed cover letter to the following email address by 18th March 2016 [email protected]
Please indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position.
Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer:
Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply