Ref PM/17 (FIXED TERM 6 MONTHS)
Jhpiego, an affiliate of the Johns Hopkins University, is an international NGO committed to improving the health of women and their families. Jhpiego-Kenya works in close collaboration with both the Ministry of Health at National level and with County Governments in the areas of HIV/AIDS, Malaria. TB. Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Reproductive Health.
Family Planning and Non-Communicable Diseases. We are currently recruiting highly experienced individuals with excellent technical skills, who are a team player, innovative, dedicated, hardworking, highly motivated and able to work in a high pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities for our JEMS department. JEMS is the
Jhpiego Enterprise Management System, used throughout the organization both in Kenya and other Jhpiego country offices. The JEMS team works with Jhpiego’s business units to automate enterprise processes in an effective and efficient software solution.
Reporting to Director, IT, the Project Manager will lead JEMS project implementation teams and control project implementation schedule, Cost, and ensure satisfactory implementation of the system in various Jhpiego country offices. The candidate will be holding brief for the incumbent who will be away on long leave.
Project Manager Job Responsibilities
- Work closely with Jhpiego management and Software Development team to identify and maximize opportunities to use information and technology to improve business processes
- Prepare project work plans, define & manage implementation lifecycle and coordinate documentation Define project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases and elements
- Ensure all project tasks are according to budget and meet all Jhpiego standards, including deadlines
- Coordinate with development team to maintain thorough knowledge of product capabilities ensure ownership of project tasks and facilitate delivery of project objectives – Thoroughly understand and communicate JEMS system capability and requirements to appropriate country team members
- Conduct regular status meetings with all stakeholders, keeping the stakeholder’s needs In view.
Qualifications for the Project Manager Job
- Master’s degree in Business Administration and/or development related studies
- 5 years’ experience in a project management position involving ICT/ EPP implementation – Project Management certification e.g. PMP or PPINCE2
- Team player with sound experience in people and change management, negotiation and planning
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with ability to effectively communicate with senior management, technical staff, as well as non-technical end users
- Excellent analytical skills with ability to abs volumes of technical data.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees quoting the respective reference number to [email protected] by 16th June 2017.
Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.