Responsible for developing, testing, maintaining, and supporting modules in the JEMS. Job Description Jhpiego, an affiliate of the Johns Hopkins University, is an international NGO committed to improving the health of women and their families.
Jhpiego-Kenya works in close collaboration with both the Ministry of Health at National level and with County Governments in the areas of HIV/AIDS, Malaria. TB. Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Reproductive Health. Family Planning and Non-Communicable Diseases.
We are currently recruiting highly experienced individuals with excellent technical skills, who are a team player, innovative, dedicated, hardworking, highly motivated and able to work in a high pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities for our JEMS department.
JEMS is the Jhpiego Enterprise Management System, used throughout the organization both in Kenya and other Jhpiego country offices. The JEMS team works with Jhpiego’s business units to automate enterprise processes in an effective and efficient software solution.
Reporting to the Lead Sr. Software Engineer, the JEMS Software Developer will be responsible for developing, testing, maintaining, and supporting modules in the JEMS.
Responsibilities for the Software Developer Job
- Study the requirements, tech specs and process workflow provided and develop programs or new functionality as appropriate. Develop and program software into JEMS systems using .NET.
- Provide users with orientation and training on JEMS and other systems developed in-house.
- Ensure all source code created is properly documented.
- Conduct continuous system analysis, specification, and development to keep JEMS and other systems performing optimally and current with changing requirements and technologies.
- Establish appropriate methodologies, processes and standards for application development.
- Ensure all software is adequately tested and debugged before being released into general use.
- Ensure that all changes on systems bugs are communicated and listed in the appropriate repository.
- Familiarize self with the JEMS operational processes as well as the SDLC and RFC process.
Software Developer Job Qualifications
- Relevant Bachelor’s Degree and Microsoft Certified Professional Developer (MCPD) and MCSD
- 4 years’ experience in similar capacity.
- Experienced in all aspects of the software development life cycle (SDLC).
- Proven experience in development of a client server applications in NET and various scripting languages.
- Skilled in database design and development with good understanding of database normalization.
- Good understanding and operational knowledge of database objects like stored procedures, triggers and UDF’s; OOP design and development: HTML DOM, traversing the DOM and DOM methods: XML (XPath) and JSON data structures; web-services/ restful applications; asynchronous methodologies and technologies e.g. Ajax and jQuery; agile methodology; MVC.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees quoting the respective reference number to [email protected] by 16th June 2017.
Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.