Jhpiego, an affiliate of the Johns Hopkins University, is an international NGO committed to improving the health of women and their families. Jhpiego-Kenya works in close collaboration with both the Ministry of Health at National level and with County Governments in the areas of HIV/AIDS, Malaria. TB. Maternal, Newborn and Child Health, Reproductive Health.
Family Planning and Non-Communicable Diseases. We are currently recruiting highly experienced individuals with excellent technical skills, who are a team player, innovative, dedicated, hardworking, highly motivated and able to work in a high pressure environment requiring multi-tasking abilities for our JEMS department. JEMS is the
Jhpiego Enterprise Management System, used throughout the organization both in Kenya and other Jhpiego country offices. The JEMS team works with Jhpiego’s business units to automate enterprise processes in an effective and efficient software solution.
Reporting to the Director, IT, Baltimore Office, the SQL )BA Developer will be responsible for the implementation, configuration, maintenance, and performance of this critical business system, to ensure the availability and consistent performance of JEMS. This is a “hands-on” position requiring solid technical skills, as well as excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
SQL DBA Developer Job Responsibilities
- Design, develop, test, tune, and implement relational databases and procedural database code using Microsoft SQL Server, for the JEMS development, testing, and staging environments.
- Define, maintain and implement database infrastructure level standards (naming, coding, security, SQL, databases objects)
- Design indexing, referential integrity, constraints, data types, database objects (tables. views, indexes, stored procedures, triggers)
- Work with Net developers to support application requirements and optimize database queries.
- Advise developers on the most efficient database designs (tables, datatypes, stored procedures etc.)
- Identify and recommend changes to poorly performing SQL to the application developers, object statistics gathering, data level migration, schedule application jobs to perform data maintenance
- Maintain physical database documentation (instances, servers, databases)
- Manage SQL Server databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, from development to production deployment preparation.
Requirements for the SQL DBA Developer Job
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years relevant experience
- Expert knowledge of updating and upgrading SQL Server and server internals (e.g. performance tuning & optimization, wait stats)
- In-depth knowledge of and experience in T-SQL including complex SQL queries (e.g. using various joins and sub-queries) and best practices
- Experience with SSRS, complex query design, stored procedures, views and functions
- Strong quantitative, analytical, problem solving organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in working under the agile methodology.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should send application & CV with 3 referees quoting the respective reference number to [email protected] by 16th June 2017.
Indicate how your education and experience qualifies you for the position. Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
Jhpiego is an equal opportunity employer. Persons with disabilities and other minority groups are encouraged to apply.