Administrative Officer Jobs at JKUAT
JKUAT Maritime Technology Cooperation Centre (MTCC-Africa) seeks to recruit suitable candidates to fill the position for the MTCC-Africa at Mombasa Campus as listed below. The terms of employment for these position will be One (1)year contract, renewable up to a maximum of Three (3)years
Reporting to the MTCC Head, the successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of project management support, organization and coordination of project activities nationally and regionally, handling day to day operation of the MTCC including planning project activities, petty cash, register and budget and finance statements preparation.
Administrative Officer Job Responsibilities
- Provide integrative and adaptive project management support, including managing the day-to-day operational matters under the MTCC project.
- Manage the day to day personnel, financial and administrative resources of the office
- Liaise with Maritime Administrations, in particular their national focal points for the MTCC Project, and other partners in relation to all actions to be taken to implement the activities planned in MTCC Project work plan.
- Develop a detailed project budget in excel based on the overall project budget.
- Assist with the preparation of a project implementation document and its budget tables based on the overall project document.
- Plan and coordinate project meetings
- Plan and coordinate workshops and conferences under the project framework.
- Facilitate all transport and travel for the Project activities as and when necessary.
- Develop a contact database for the MTCC.
- Petty Cash handling
- Maintain assets register
- Type documents, reports and correspondence
- Responsible for office Quality Management System
- Exercise control over non-expendable property, supplies and materials
- Drive initiatives to improve workflow and streamline the internal processes to enhance efficiency and productivity
Qualifications for the Administrative Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences and Public Administration or any relevant area with five (5) years’ experience in grade 10 or equivalent position with CPS (K)
Masters degree in Public Administration or any relevant area with five (5) years experience in grade 10 or equivalent position
How to Apply
Visit the University website on www.jkuat.ac.kefor more details regarding the qualifications, and roles of each post.
Submit three (3) copies of the letters of application, certificates, testimonials and updated curriculum vitae to include full details of education and professional qualifications, experience, present salary, names and addresses of three referees, one of whom must be from the present employment.
Indicate clearly the position on the application letter and on the envelope which should be addressed to:
The Deputy Vice Chancellor (Administration),
Jomo Kenyatta University of Agriculture and Technology
P.O Box 62000-00200
So as to be received on or before 19th April 2017
Apply through the following link;