Ref. Na EA.7/96/01/H/ 62 31 July, 2015
4.1 ATTORNEY GENERAL’S CHAMBERS
4.2 STATE ATTORNEY II -(RE-ADVERTISED)- 25 POSTS
4.1.1 REPORTS TO: State Attorney In-charge of the Region or District as the case may be.
4.1.2 DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Provide legal opinion in respect of simple criminal cases under the Supervision of State Attorney In-charge,
• Conduct prosecutions of cases in District courts, Resident Magistrate and the High Courts,
• Handle appeals in the High Court,
• Provide Legal opinion/advice to the government on legal issues or matters under the supervision of State Attorney In-charge,
• Conduct legal research on various Legal issues or matters, and
• Advise the government on any issues or matter of a civil nature
• Represent the Government in courts of law and tribunal in any suit or matter to which the Government is a party or has interest and.
• Perform any other official duties as may be assigned by a State Attorney In-charge.
4.1.3 QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor degree in Laws from recognized Institution.
• Must have completed and passed the Internship or externship programme supervised by the Attorney General’s Chambers or Legal Practical training conducted by the Law School of Tanzania.
• Fluent in English & Kiswahili Languages.
• According to Tanzania Government Salary Scale AGCS 3.
NB: GENERAL CONDITIONS
i. All applicants must be Citizens of Tanzania and not above 45 years old, however, should also observe the age limit for each position where indicated.
ii. Applicants must attach an up-to-date current Curriculum Vitae (CV) having reliable contact, postal address, e-mail and telephone numbers.
iii. Applicants should apply on the strength of the information given in this advertisement.
iv. Applicants must attach their detailed relevant certified copies of academic certificates:
– Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma/Certificates.
– Postgraduate/Degree/Advanced Diploma/Diploma transcripts.
– Form IV and Form VI National Examination Certificates.
– Computer Certificate
– Professional certificates from respective boards
– One recent passport size picture and birth certificate.
v. FORM IV AND FORM VI RESULTS SLIPS ARE STRICTLY NOT ACCEPTED
vi. Testimonials, Partial transcripts and results slips will not be accepted.
vii. Presentation of forged academic certificates and other information in the CV will necessitate to legal action
viii. Applicants for senior positions currently employed in the public service should route their application letters through their respective employers.
ix. Applicants for entry levels currently employed in the Public Service should not apply, they have to adhere to Government Circular Na. CAC. 45/257/01/D/140 dated 30th November, 2010.
x. Applicants who have/were retired from the Public Service for whatever reason should not apply.
xi. Applicants should indicate three reputable referees with their reliable contacts.
xii. Certificates from foreign examination bodies for ordinary or advanced level education should be certified by The National Examination Council of Tanzania (NECTA)
xiii. Certificates from foreign Universities should be verified by The Tanzania Commission for Universities (TCU)
xiv. Deadline for application is 14th August 2015
xv. Applicants with special needs/case (disability) are supposed to indicate xvi. Women are highly encouraged to apply
xvii. Only short listed candidates will be informed on a date for interview
xviii. Application letters should be written in Swahili or English.
All application should be sent through Recruitment Portal with the following address.
(This address can be found also in Public Service Recruitment Secretariat Website ‘Recruitment Portal’)
Note; All applicants are asked to beware of conmen who pose as Public Service Recruitment Secretariat staff and ask for bribes so as to be posted. Please report any incident to PSRS.