Sustainable Agriculture Tanzania (SAT) is a grassroots organization with registration number SA.17581. SAT works closely with small scale farmers on organic farming and stakeholders like universities, companies and governmental extension officers are directly involved in activities that are carried out by SAT. This holistic approach establishes an Innovation Platform, where dissemination, research, application and networking build the main pillars. We are looking for an ambitious, experienced and driven person to join our dynamic team at SAT.
Job Title: Accountant
• Documents financial transactions by entering account information into accounting software
• Recommends financial actions by analyzing accounting options.
• Delivers presentations to the management.
• Prepares asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
• Summarizes current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
• Substantiates financial transactions by auditing documents.
• Maintains accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
• Manages petty cash.
• Reconciles financial discrepancies by collecting and analyzing account information.
• Secures financial information by completing data base backups.
• Maintains financial security by following internal controls.
• Prepares payments by verifying documentation, and requesting disbursements.
• Complies with financial legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation, enforcing adherence to requirements, and advising management on needed actions.
• Prepares special financial reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing account information and trends.
• Maintains confidence and protects operations by keeping financial information confidential.
• Accomplishes the result by performing the duty.
• Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Accountant Skills and Qualifications:
CPA holder (must), Minimum 2 Years Work Experience, Accounting, Reporting Skills, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Confidentiality, Time Management, Data Entry Management, General Math Skills, Good skills in Excel and Accounting Software is a prerequisite.
Application has to be sent in soft copy on the address [email protected] CV including current contacts of three references (one of whom should be the immediate employer), copies of relevant certificates, transcripts and testimonials and current and expected remuneration all to be submitted before 12.00 noon 15th October 2015. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.