Oxfam’s vision is a just world without poverty. We are a confederation of 17 Oxfam affiliates working in over 90 countries, all working as one Oxfam on goals that support our shared vision. We want a world where people are valued and treated equally, enjoy their rights as full citizens, and can influence decisions affecting their lives.
Oxfam Rwanda programme has developed its Country Strategy 2015 – 2020. Oxfam in Rwanda has identified interventions which align with its mission – to ensure that poor women, men and youth enjoy equal rights and benefit from fair and inclusive development-. Based on a comprehensive analysis of the Rwandan context, Oxfam delivers a combination of programme interventions and advocacy and influencing activities to drive outcomes. Oxfam intervenes in three main sectors in Rwanda namely: Participatory Governance, Sustainable Livelihoods and Gender Justice.
The objective of Oxfam’s Sustainable Livelihoods programme is that sustainable and resilient livelihoods are created to increase employment and income, especially for women and youth. Oxfam has experience in market-based livelihoods, working at a number of levels along the value chains, including with producers, cooperatives and SMEs – providing access to finance, technologies and market linkages with the private sector.
We seek to hire an experienced Rwandan national for the following position:
Programme Assistant (Contract Type: 6 months Fixed-Term).
Location: Kigali – Rwanda
Duration: 6 Months
Level: National E1
Job purpose: To provide support to programme officers and programme lead for implementation of projects within Sustainable livelihood programme.
Reporting lines: Sustainable Livelihood Lead
- Providing support to program officers by representing Oxfam to various events;
- Provide support in conducting monitoring of implementing partners’ field work;
- As a program assistant, she/he will be supporting the mNutrition project in phasing out to ensure procedures for proper closing of the project are used;
- Support the programme to provide technical assistance and follow-up to existing enterprises in the programme’s portfolio;
- Support the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) activities of the programme (Assist in Quarterly reviews and organising planning meetings);
- Closely work with acting EDP programme officer to monitor enterprises with loans management;
- Assist in Sustainable livelihood programme Planning and Reporting for Oxfam Annual Registration at the Rwanda Immigration services;
- Assist Implementing partners in Planning and data quality assessment;
- Supports the collection of success stories and documentation for lessons learned of projects within Sustainable livelihood programme;
- Support acting EDP Programme Officer to implement the EDP work plan 2016/2017
Skills and competence:
- A minimum of Bachelor’s Degree in Agri-Business, Economics, Social development or related field from a recognised university;
- One to two years of work experience, with at least one year experience working with development institutions or International NGOs would be an added advantage;
- Ability to establish and maintain conducive collegial relations and perform effectively as a member of a team;
- Having administrative skills and being able to prioritize work and meet tight deadlines;
- Minimum exposure and understanding of concepts related to the role of private sector in Agriculture, enterprise development processes, poverty eradication, and value chains promotion.
- Capacity to work in the Rwandan context while understanding the different dimensions of its diversity and cultural sensitivities;
- An ability and willingness to work towards deadlines, in a inclusive manner;
- Demonstrable capability to communicate (writing and speaking) effectively in English and Kinyarwanda;
- Computer literacy and excellent documentation skills are a must;
- Have minimum knowledge of dynamics in dealing with Gender and girls’ promotion related issues in within the Rwandan context;
- Willing to travel in rural areas and up-country sites of Rwanda on an average of 60% of the time.
How to apply:
This opportunity is for a dedicated and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam’s values and beliefs. Interested candidates should send an application in English by email attaching a motivation letter with expected range of salary package and CV, with contact details (phone and email address) of your most recent line manager as part of your referees.
Use this following email address to send your application: [email protected]
The closing date for this vacancy is Friday, 9th June 2016.