Metrica, Inc. is a broad-based professional services firm established in 1984 to provide to government and corporations an array of program support activities. Metrica is comprised of three groups: the International group, the ADP Facilities Management group, and the Information Technology and Analysis Group. Both the International and IT Facilities Management groups have offices in Arlington, Virginia. The Information Technology and Analysis group is headquartered in San Antonio, Texas, which is also home to Metrica’s administrative office. Metrica also has offices in two other locations in the United States: the TRACLabs division, located in Houston, Texas, and a branch office located in Princeton, New Jersey. In addition, Metrica has an international office in Budapest, Hungary.
Position: Project Analyst
Higher education preferred in one of the following: Economics, Business, Finance, Law or related fields.
Computer training/qualifications that will enable the incumbent to perform the prescribed functions satisfactorily: Microsoft Power Point, MS Excel and MS Word.
Prior Work Experience
- Experience providing translation and interpretation support in English / Kinyarwanda / French
- Experience in office management
- Experience in administrative support
- Experience in public contact, in particular contact with top government officials
- At least three years general office environment activities
- Experience in utilisation of the Internet
- *Experience in working in the area of government financial management
- *Experience working on technical assistance / development projects
- *Experience in working with Tax Officials
Fluency in English, Kinyarwanda and French is critical. The project analyst must have a strong command of these languages that will allow him / her to provide accurate interpretation during meetings and when required, workshops and on-the-job training sessions. The project analyst will also be called on to quickly turnaround translation requests.
- Proficiency in administrative procedures
- Proficiency in appointment management
- Proficiency in co-ordinating meeting arrangements, including follow up with participants to confirm availability and meeting agenda.
Skills and abilities
- Interpersonal skills
- Organisational skills
- Computer literacy
- Administrative skills
- Familiarity with spreadsheets
- Ability to prepare correspondence as required
- Ability to arrange workshops/meetings
- Ability to communicate effectively with all levels officials in Foreign and the Rwanda Revenue Authority.
Key performance area/Outputs
- Co-ordinate meetings/workshops
- Record all incoming and outgoing documentation, facsimiles, email and telephone contacts
- Translation of documents and interpretation of oral communication
- Handle confidential documents with utmost discretion
- Acknowledge receipt of correspondence
- General office administration
- Manage the appointments of advisors.
- Co-ordinate arrangements pertaining to visitors
- Assist with travel and accommodation arrangements, when required
- Availability to travel and provide interpretation support when Foreign Revenue advisors are conducting site visits and meetings with counterparts from Rwanda Revenue Authority
- Availability to travel with delegates from Foreign revenue departments to conferences/meetings/workshops, to various locations within the region, when required
- Prepare reports on a regular basis on multiple projects
- Maintenance of historical and office files
- Substantive representation of a foreign federal agency program during absence of Revenue advisors.
- Assist advisors in achieving access to government officials at all levels of the Government of Rwanda
Personal attributes/General characteristics
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Dedicated and reliable
- Ability to work under pressure
- Ability to prioritise
- Sense of urgency and productiveness
- Personal and telephonic communication skills
- Self confidence
Contract period: 12 months
Applicants should submit their CV and Cover letter in ENGLISH to the attention of Mr. Achille Karuletwa at[email protected] by June 20 2016