Job Title: Financial Accountant
Organization: FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Chief Accountant
About FINCA Uganda:
FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI) is a subsidiary of FINCA International that is based in Washington DC, USA serving nearly two million clients in 23 countries across 5 continents. FINCA Uganda Limited (MDI) was the first licensed micro finance deposit taking institution in Uganda, and currently offers loans, savings and money transfer services in Uganda, one of the most competitive and dynamic microfinance markets in the world.
Job Summary: The Financial Accountant will directly supervise the daily postings into the system; prepare monthly charge-offs, accruals, provisions; tax management; credit reference bureau; payroll processing; fixed assets management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Regularly review head office transactions in line with the Accounting Policies and Procedures and ensure 100% compliance at all times
- In charge of the preparation of month end adjustments and management of payables, receivables, prepayments and provisions thereby ensuring adequate authorization and validation of all documentation before commitment of costs and/or payment.
- Managing of the Fixed Assets register through review for accuracy and completeness for FA additions and disposals as well as review of all Asset Depreciation schedules, Asset additions and disposal schedules
- Commission payroll in line with the set financial standards and ensure reconciliation on a monthly basis to General ledger and other key accounts;
- Carry out credit reference bureau reconciliations of invoices received from compuscan against actual deliveries of financial cards as well as preparation of claims for reimbursable amounts on a monthly basis
- Conduct credit reference bureau reconciliations and preparation of claims invoices received from Compuscan against actual deliveries of financial cards
- Ensure compliance with income tax regulations pertaining PAYE, NSSF, LST and WHT, liaise with the respective statutory bodies, prepare and make statutory returns within relevant deadlines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should hold a first class degree in Accounting or related discipline from a recognized university.
- Professional accounting qualifications i.e. CPA or ACCA is a must
- At least four years’ experience preferably with a bank or other regulated financial institution
- Previous experience with preparation of financial statements and the supervision of finance teams is essential
- Good financial analysis and reporting experience
- Prior experience in Long/med/short term financial planning and budget preparation
- Previous experience working with IAS
- Proven abilities in general ledger management
- Proficient in MS Office suite, good understanding of IT issues and the role and possibilities of IT in financial management, familiarity with implementing and working with complex integrated management information and accounting systems (including database management)
- Knowledgeable in the basic MS Office packages plus Financial and Accounting Systems
How to Apply:
All candidates who so wish to join the banking sector in the aforementioned capacity are encouraged to send their applications with detailed CVs including present position and copies of relevant professional/academic certificates to: [email protected]
Deadline: 10th June 2016
NB: If you do not hear from us by 30th June 2016, consider your application unsuccessful