The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation (JKF) is a Company Limited by guarantee and having no share capital.
It is a leading educational publisher established by the Government of Kenya in 1966 and mandated to advance education and knowledge through competitive publishing and provision of scholarships. The scholarships are extended to bright needy secondary school children.
In pursuit of its mission and guided by the vision of an enlightened and empowered society, The Foundation is looking a for suitably educated, trained, experienced, self-driven and motivated individual with exceptional creativity, enthusiasm and energy to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Internal Auditor I
Job Ref: JKF/AUD/IA/2015/001
Job Group: 8
Reports to: Senior Internal Auditor
Supervises: Internal Auditor & Risk Management Officer 11
- Implement and evaluate Internal Control Frame work as well as managing & profiling organization risk factors, fraud and malpractices.
- Continuous Systems Audit and Quality Assurance reviews of both financial and non-financial transactions /procedures.
- Review and appraise the economy, efficiency and effectiveness with which the company’s resources are employed.
- Monitor and review all the Company’s plans, contracts and services to ensure the procedures are in compliance with approved guidelines.
- Conducting follow up audit to evaluate the progress and effectiveness of action taken to implement approved audit recommendations.
- Reporting on quality management system performance and seeking ways for improvement.
- Ensure the needed processes on Quality management are established, implemented, maintained and improved.
- Preparing timely and accurate reports.
- To perform any other duty assigned by the GM, Internal Audit / Risk Management.
To be appointed to this position, one must have
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce or its equivalent from a recognized university.
- CPA Part III qualification or its acceptable equivalent.
- CIA, CFE or CISA Certification will be an added advantage.
- Quality Management Standards Training.
- Be well versed with computerized accounting.
- At least 4 years relevant experience.
- Must be conversant with the International Standards on Auditing (ISA), International practices framework (IPPF) and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS’s).
- Should have thorough knowledge of audit techniques and management skills.
- Must have good decision making, report writing and excellent communication skills.
- Ability to work independently, remain focused and maintain highest integrity and objectivity.
The position is permanent and pensionable and a competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply by emailing us a copy of filled-in respective ‘JKF Job Application Forms’ (CLICK HERE to download) to: [email protected] Please note that the Application Forms should not be accompanied by testimonials. The closing date for receipt of the forms is 9th October, 2015. Persons living with HIV/AIDs, disabilities and women are encouraged to apply. The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation is an equal opportunity employer We are ISO 9001:2008 certified