The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation (JKF) is a Company Limited by guarantee and having no share capital.
It is a leading educational publisher established by the Government of Kenya in 1966 and mandated to advance education and knowledge through competitive publishing and provision of scholarships. The scholarships are extended to bright needy secondary school children.
In pursuit of its mission and guided by the vision of an enlightened and empowered society, The Foundation is looking a for suitably educated, trained, experienced, self-driven and motivated individual with exceptional creativity, enthusiasm and energy to fill the following vacant position:
Job Title: Supply Chain Officer I
Job Ref: JKF/SC/SCO/2015/001
Job Group: 8
Reports to Senior Supply Chain Officer
Supervises: Supply Chain Officer II
- Procures materials and services
- Solicits quotations, issues LPOs and LSOs and reconciles invoices with LPOs against the vote book
- Invites and processes tenders
- Supervises supplies and storage of raw materials
- Ensures reconciliation of deliveries against records of goods ordered
- Prepares reports on procurement/supplies activities
- Maintains procurement/supplies records
- To perform any other relevant duty assigned by the GM, Supply Chain and Logistics.
To be appointed in this position, one must have:
- Bachelor degree in Commerce/Economics
- Diploma in Supplies Management
- Computer proficiency
- Membership to a relevant professional body
- Strategic Leadership training from a reputable institution will be an added advantage
- Excellent Communication, negotiation, inter-personal relationship, team building, leadership and organizational skills
- At least 3 years as Supply Chain Officer II or its equivalent.
The position is permanent and pensionable and a competitive remuneration package will be offered to the successful candidate.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should apply by emailing us a copy of filled-in respective ‘JKF Job Application Forms’ (CLICK HERE to download) to: [email protected] Please note that the Application Forms should not be accompanied by testimonials.
The closing date for receipt of the forms is 9th October, 2015.
Persons living with HIV/AIDs, disabilities and women are encouraged to apply.
The Jomo Kenyatta Foundation is an equal opportunity employer
We are ISO 9001:2008 certified