Backtude Limited is looking for a part time Joomla Graphic Designer & Web Developer for client work that will last at most one month.
The job requires one to work from home with occasional visit to the client within Nairobi.
Roles & Responsibilities
- Developing concepts, graphics and layouts based on Joomla website templates as well as provide creative input to provide new ideas and concepts.
- Come up with designs for packages in conjunction with the corporate team for the various aspects of the client website.
- Determine the size and arrangement of illustrative material and copy, and font style and size
- Preparing rough drafts of material based on an agreed brief, Reviewing final layouts and suggesting improvements if required.
- Developing and maintaining our client’s websites.
- Ensuring that the website is updated in a timely fashion and that all measures to secure the websites are enforced, to minimize on total downtime.
- Knowledge and experience in use of Adobe Illustrator CC, Adobe Photoshop CC
- Knowledge and experience in use PHP, HTML5, CSS3, Joomla
- Understanding of User Experience Design
- Client Management – ability to communicate and meet strict project timelines
- Good organizational skills as well as management
- Prior experience creating graphics and a solid grasp of design concepts
- Must have ability to work independently as well as in partnership with team.
- Must be able to define and work to deadlines
- Exceptional and Creative innovative skills
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Enthusiasm for the design process and attentiveness to different project goal
Qualifications and Experience
- Undergraduate degree or diploma in IT or related discipline
- A portfolio of previous work
- At least one year experience.
- Previous work experience with Joomla a MUST
- Must be aggressive in giving clients the best in web design and does not compromise on quality.
- Must be honest and dedicated to his/her work.
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, meet the above minimum qualifications and experience send your Application letter URGENTLY along with your Current CV stating technologies used for Joomla websites you have done, a list of website portfolios as One Word Document, and a daytime telephone contact to; [email protected] Deadline: 28th August 2015 at 5:00pm (The earlier the better).