Fraud Control Officer (Full time)
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
About Us: Jovago is Africa’s No. 1 Hotel Booking Website. Founded in Lagos, Nigeria by a team of passion driven, experienced entrepreneurs, our vision is to create the best travel booking experience ever.
With over 200,000 destinations online, we provide our customers with full and reliable information about the destination they want to visit.
Our company is part of Africa Internet Group, a global and leading incubator of startups specialized in e-commerce. AIG is the leading internet group of Africa with already over 3,000 employees in 26 African countries.
It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by Millicom, MTN and Rocket Internet.
We want to create a well-balanced team of talented, truly dynamic and highly motivated individuals with a passion for travel, emerging markets and Africa. We are currently looking for outstanding candidates interested in entrepreneurship and web businesses.
Job Description: Jovago is looking for a Fraud Agent to review potential fraud bookings in order to avoid chargebacks.
The Fraud Agent is being expected to identify and report fraud bookings, communicate effectively with relevant stakeholders and to find satisfying solutions timely.
- To handle and review potential fraud bookings in order to avoid chargebacks (manual fraud review, gather information through research and customer calls)
- To analyze completed transactions to determine if fraudulent activity is present (transactions in 40+ countries)
- Report fraud trends to supervisors, review and analysis of chargebacks received to improve process
- Communicate and involve all relevant internal and external stakeholders to respond to incident cases: coordination with Customer Service teams to update status of booking, coordination with Finance team to update status of payment
- Direct link with Customer service teams to discuss how to inform customers about services available and accessing customer needs
- Communicates appropriate options for resolution in a timely manner.
- Limit potential loss exposure by placing holds in order to block future fraudulent transactions
- Maintains or exceeds established service level agreements and guidelines for timely resolution of queued transactions to minimize potential revenue losses
- Performs special projects in a timely manner, as requested.
A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Fluency in English and French is a must
- Undergraduate degree/Diploma in relevant field
- 1-2 years experience in a similar role
- Independent and resourceful
- Advanced analytical skills
- Ability to handle potentially volatile situations and make quick decisions which achieve resolution
- Strong drive and leadership
- Impeccable communication skills (spoken and written)
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment.
- Mentality of client service and taking responsibility beyond direct duties.
- Flexibility to adapt and able to manage multiple assignments while working independently;
- Ability to successfully utilize web based people search tools
- May require shift-work, including weekends, non-business hours and holidays
- An amazing learning culture
- A chance to be part of an international team that offers great opportunities for growth
- A startup environment and working mentality while being part of a well organized and recognized group (Rocket Internet)
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates to submit their application, including a detailed CV, daytime telephone contact, and two professional referees to:
firstname.lastname@example.org before Monday 17th August 2015.
Give details of your current salary and the expectation in this position on the body of your Application Letter. Specify the position you are applying for as the subject of your application..i.e. Application –Fraud Control Officer – Jovago
Africa Internet Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
No phone calls please.