Vacancy: Key Account Manager (Jovago)
Location: Nairobi, KenyaAbout Us: Jovago is Africa’s No. 1 Hotel Booking Website. Founded in Lagos, Nigeria by a team of passion driven, experienced entrepreneurs, our vision is to create the best travel booking experience ever.
With over 200,000 destinations online, we provide our customers with full and reliable information about the destination they want to visit.
Our company is part of Africa Internet Group, a global and leading incubator of startups specialized in e-commerce.
AIG is the leading internet group of Africa with already over 3,000 employees in 26 African countries.
It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by Millicom, MTN and Rocket Internet.
Job Description – Key Account Manager
Jovago is looking for a Key Account Manager to grow the inventory of properties on Jovago.com platform.
The person will have to initiate a contact with hotels, present Jovago’s services to them and negotiate the terms of the partnership.
Minimum Educational Requirements:
- a Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma in related field; Marketing, Sales, Business Administration, Communication, Social Sciences, Arts, PR, Education-Languages
- 2 years and above in Account Management;
- Previous sales and/or hospitality, tourism industry experience will be a plus
- Looking for, and organizing, leads of hotels in East Africa
- Initiating contact with hotel managers
- Presenting Jovago services in person or over the phone to relevant decision makers
- Negotiating terms and conditions of partnership with Jovago
- Building and maintaining strong working relationships with hotels
- Embedding a sales management culture, creating trust with all partners
- Tracking progress with Excel spreadsheets/Smart sheet.
- Building and leading cross-functional teams able to anticipate and deliver solutions to client issues.
- Support Content Team with required information, pictures and expertise regarding signed hotels
- Contract management: Manage listing process of new hotels
- Liaison with hotels when they have queries
- Train hotels how Jovago works and how to use Jovago systems i.e. booking process, payments methods
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English languages is a must.
- Independent and resourceful
- Strong drive and leadership
- Impeccable communication skills (spoken and written)
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to meet demanding targets
- Ability to develop relationships with 3rd parties and hotel teams
- Mentality of client service and taking responsibility beyond direct duties.
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment.
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates to submit their application, including a detailed CV, daytime telephone contact, and two professional referees to:[email protected] on or before Wednesday 12th August 2015.
Give details of your current salary and the expectation in this position on the body of your Application Letter. Specify the position you are applying for as the subject of your application. .i.e. Application – Key Account Manager – Jovago
Africa Internet Group is an equal opportunity employer.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
No phone calls please.