Photo – Content Intern
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Who We Are: Jovago is a hotel booking website launched across Africa allowing guests to search for and book rooms across the continent.
We are part of the Africa Internet Holding group of companies (sister company to Jumia, Easy Taxi, Kaymu, Hello Food and Lamudi) Africa Internet Holding is the leading internet group of Africa with already over 2,000 employees in 17 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia.com, Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com, Carmudi.com and Jovago.com.
It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by Rocket Internet and top telecoms companies MTN and Millicom.
Job Description: Are you ambitious and looking to work in a dynamic startup environment? Don’t miss the opportunity to join one of the largest, fastest and most successful international online venture builders.
Jovago is looking for a Content personnel to collect data, and analyse content of partnering hotels, in order to create profiles for these hotels on Jovago.com.
In this role you will spend a lot of time calling hotels to conduct surveys and gather content to develop hotel profiles.
A successful candidate will fulfill the following requirements:
- Fluency in Kiswahili and English languages is a must.
- Ongoing Undergraduate Degree/Diploma in any field
- A good understanding of photography skills and photoshop
- Good relational skills with clients to sell the broader picture of Jovago
- Good listener paying attention to details and accuracy
- Impeccable communication skills (spoken and written)
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Ability to work independently and in a team
- Ability to meet demanding Content targets
- Mentality of client service and taking responsibility beyond direct duties
- High level of motivation, determination and commitment.
- The position of a Photo-Content Intern entails:
- Implementing guidelines and procedures to improve web content
- Collect data from live hotels
- Use of other online platforms and social media to amass pictures of hotels.
- Creating trust with all partners
- Ability to use Photoshop
- Build and maintain strong working relationships with all levels of staff at the client hotel
- Managing yourself and tracking progress with Excel spreadsheets.
- Support the other teams and work closely with the Hotel Managers.
We offer you:
An amazing learning culture
A flat structured working environment to enable you enhance your skills in web content development
A chance to be part of an international team that offers great opportunities for growth
How to Apply
Interested and suitably qualified candidates to submit their application, including a detailed CV, daytime telephone contact, and two professional referees to: [email protected] on or before Friday 11th September 2015
Give details of your current salary and the expectation in this position on the body of your Application Letter. Specify the position you are applying for as the subject of your application. .i.e. Application – Photo Content Intern – Jovago