What would you do with a salary of Ksh 123K plus medical allowance? The Judicial Service Commission is looking to hire 80 Legal Researchers in various counties
Job Reference NumberV/No. 7/2016
Number of Posts Eighty (80)
Terms of Service Two (2) year nonrenewable contract
Consolidated salary : Kshs 123,750/=. Medical Cover as per the existing scheme, Group Life Assurance at existing rates, 31% service gratuity of the basic salary and a non practicing allowance.
Work Station Superior Courts located in various Counties.
Legal Researcher Job Duties and Responsibilities
The Legal Researcher will be attached to any of the Superior Courts. The specific duties and responsibilities will be as follows:
- Conducting legal research on broad range of legal issues from varied jurisdictions both within and outside of the commonwealth;
- Drafting well researched legal briefs on variety of legal issues touching on different branches of law;
- Writing analytical summaries of written argument or evidence and assessing the argument in light of academic legal literature and case law;
- Any other duties as assigned from time to time.
Requirements for Legal Researcher Job
For appointment to the position of Legal Researcher, an applicant MUST be in possession of the following minimum qualifications:
- A Law Degree from any recognized university;
- A Diploma from the Kenya School of Law or an exemption by the Council of Legal Education;
- Admission to the Roll of Advocates with at least two (2) years post admission experience;
- Proficiency in computer applications;
- Those in private practice must be in possession of a current practicing certificate;
- Must possess the qualifications set out in Chapter Six of the Constitution of Kenya.
Interested and qualified persons are asked to make their applications by:
- Filling an Online Application for Employment Form available at the Judiciary jobs portal: jobs.judiciary.go.ke.
How to Apply
Applicants MUST upload soft copies of the following documents to the online application:
- A letter of application,
- A detailed and updated curriculum vitae,
- Applicant’s recent coloured passport size photographs,
- Two (2) sample writings of any professional writings, including but not limited to advocacy submissions in courts, scholarly writings or any legal publications that the applicant has authored,
- Declaration of income and liabilities as at the time of making the application, using the prescribed forms “The Declaration of Income, Assets and
- Liabilities Form JSC 2b” which can be downloaded from the Judiciary website – www.judiciary.go.ke.
- Certified copies of testimonials, professional certificates and academic transcripts.
- Certified copy of certificate of admission to the roll of advocates.
- Applicants are also required to forward one (1) hard copy of the completed Employment Application Form including all the attachments cited above.
- TO: THE SECRETARY JUDICIAL SERVICE COMMISSION P.O. BOX 40048 – 00100 NAIROBI +254 20 2739180 Commission Secretariat: Mayfair Centre, Ralph Bunche Road, Upper Hill, Nairobi, 5th Floor
- Applicants MUST take note that it is a criminal offence to provide false information and documents in the job application and the same will be verified by relevant bodies.The applications must reach the Commission NOT LATER THAN 7TH OCTOBER, 2016 AT 5.00 P.M.