Administrative Assistant- Administration Department Job at Jubilee Insurance, Kenya
Jubilee Insurance was established in August 1937, as the first locally incorporated Insurance Company based in Mombasa in 1937. Jubilee Insurance has spread its sphere of influence throughout the region to become the largest Composite insurer in East Africa, handling Life, Pensions, general and Medical insurance. Today, Jubilee is the number one insurer in East Africa with over 450,000 clients.
We currently have an exciting career opportunity for Administrative Assistant. The post holders will report to the Administration Officer and will be based in the Head Office.
- Answering all incoming calls, routing the calls to the relevant department/ person. Following through with the client for the required assistance if the person is not available while ensuring customer service standards are maintained at all times.
Admin Assistant Job Responsibilities
- Answering and routing the company’s incoming and outgoing calls promptly and in a professional manner
- Following through with the client, if the recipient is not available
- Maintaining all records of calls made through the switchboard indicating if official or personal
- Reporting any telephone malfunctioning to the IT department and Administration Officer. Ensuring that the malfunctioning is attended to promptly to avoid disruption of service
- Maintaining the mobile phone usage schedule, circulating and filing the bills, ensuring phone recoveries are done, circulating landline usage and recoveries – when the Administrative Assistant responsible for this job is away (Advise Payroll Manager, copy to Head of Administration and Administration Officer regarding any recoveries for personal calls)
- Maintaining vehicle movement log books for company and leased vehicles on a daily basis. Keeping up to date files for leased vehicle movement
- Reconciling the mileage for leased vehicles.
- Maintaining the overtime for drivers assigned to Jubilee for leased vehicles
- Preparing the taxi schedule – all movements should be authorized by the relevant Heads of departments. Forwarding the schedule to Administration department to attach to the invoice for payment
- Undertaking any other relevant tasks as directed by the Administration Officer e.g. relieving other Administrative Assistants.
Academic Qualifications for Admin Assistant Job
- A minimum of Diploma in Secretarial Studies and/or Business Administration
- Certificate in Office Management– added advantage
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite and packages Functional Skills.
- Office Management
- Interpersonal Skills
- Telephone operation Skills
- Negotiation Skills
- Customer Service
- Exploitation of Information Technology
- Honesty & integrity
- Relevant Experience Minimum of 3 years experience in a telephone/ switchboard operations in a busy commercial organization
How to Apply
Click here to apply