Republic of Kenya
Judicial Performance Improvement Project (JPIP)
Request for Expressions of Interest
(Consulting Services – Individual Consultant)
Credit No 5181-KE, Project ID: P105269
Introduction: The Government of Kenya (GoK) has received a credit from the World Bank towards the cost of the Judicial Performance Improvement Project (the Project), and intends to apply part of the proceeds for recruitment of individual consultant for project implementation.
Background: The Judiciary now invites eligible Individual Consultants to express their interest in providing the required services.
Interested Consultants should provide information demonstrating that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the Services.
Project Implementation Officer
• A Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Business Administration, Development Studies, Policy Studies or equivalent. Master’s degree in social sciences would be an added advantage;
• A minimum of 4 years of progressively responsible experience in programme and project management including experience in designing concept notes, programme proposals and ToRs;
• Excellent written skills, including a fine attention to detail.
• Knowledge and experience in project management and programming tools such as theory of change model, monitoring and evaluation tools;
• Demonstrated capacity to develop work plans and budgets;
• Demonstrated experience in working with development partners programme / project implementers;
• Strong organizational and reporting skills; must be results oriented, a strong team player with outstanding interpersonal and coordination skills;
• Ability to focus on results and respond positively to feedback, consistently approach work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude, and demonstrate openness to change and ability to manage complexities;
• Ability to manage multiple high priority assignments and develop solutions to challenging non- routine problems;
• Strong computer skills, specifically hands-on experience in usage of word processing, spreadsheets, presentations, statistical applications and project databases;
• High level of reliability and integrity and ability to work with limited supervision.
The attention of interested Consultants is drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants (under ÍBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011] (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
Duration of the Assignment: The overall duration of the assignment is three years renewable annually, subject to performance.
The Consultants will report to the Project Coordinator who will provide overall supervision.
The Consultants will be provided with office space, office equipment including a computer, stationery, telecommunication and travel costs related to assignments out of the duty station [Nairobi].
How to Apply
To apply to above positions, please email your a cover letter; detailed CV clearly indicating consultant’s profile and the competence to conduct the assignment; and copies of Academic documents to [email protected] so as to be received on or before 11th November, 20 I 5 at 5.00pm .
Include your name, along with the title of the position you are applying for, in the subject line
The attention of interested Consultants ¡s drawn to paragraph 1.9 of the World Bank’s Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants [under IBRD Loans and IDA Credits & Grants] by World Bank Borrowers [January 2011] (“Consultant Guidelines”), setting forth the World Bank’s policy on conflict of interest.
The Chief Registrar of the Judiciary Supreme Court Building, City Hall Way P.O. Box 30041 —00100 GPO Nairobi, Kenya
Email: [email protected]