Job Vacancy: Business Intelligence Associate
Who We Are: Jumia is the largest online retail store in Africa with over 100,000 unique visitors a day, buying everything from Fashion to Phones.
Founded in 2012 in Nigeria, Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience.
Jumia is part of Africa Internet Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialised in e-commerce.
Africa Internet Group is Africa’s leading internet firm, with already over 3,000 employees in over 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia.com, Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com, Carmudi.com and Jovago.com.
It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom and Rocket Internet.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment.
Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Africa Internet Group steps in.
Job Description: Business Intelligence Associate
- Responsible for using data to figure out market and business trends to aid in enhancing organizational efficiencies;
- Develop, prepare and maintain various data reporting tools (i.e. databases, report structures) pertaining to different organizational activities;
- Perform operational analysis and data mining to find significant data trends and interpret results;
- Perform predictive analysis to determine probable outcomes or likelihood of events utilizing information from a known data set;
- Perform closed-loop analysis to provide data that will be used to improve the quality and performance of products and processes, both in the day-to-day operations and long-term business strategies;
- Communicate any significant findings to management or cross-functional business partners as needed.
- Creation of standard re-occurring (i.e. weekly, daily) reports for management;
- Perform ad hoc report requests in an effective and efficient manner.
- Works closely with departmental heads to understand the report purpose in order to ensure that the report is appropriate;
- Provide training and assistance to peers to help them better understand the various reports and databases.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience
- Holder of a Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related course
- 3 years relevant experience in business reporting using Business Intelligence Tools and Decision Support Systems
- Demonstrated experience in analysis, design, development and deployment using Oracle SQL and PL/SQL.
- Knowledge of data integration and data integrity issues and solutions.Excellent interpersonal relations
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of dimensional data warehouse design and Implementation
- A sound understanding and experience with the Microsoft Office suite of products especially Excel VBA
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal & team working abilities
- Proven ability to manage multiple activities and prioritise workload.
- Highly effective organizational skills
- Strong multitasking abilities
- Logical & Systematic thought process
- Problem-solving and critical thinking skills
How to Apply
If you want to join some of the fastest growing companies in the world, please send your resume to the following addresses, by specifying the position on the e-mail subject, [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted Join the journey!