Corporate Sales Officer Job at Jumia Travel
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Jumia Travel is Africa’s No.1 Hotel Booking Website. Founded in Lagos, Nigeria by a team of passion driven, experienced entrepreneurs, our vision is to create the best travel booking experience ever. With over 200,000 destinations online, we provide our customers with full and reliable information about the destination they want to visit.
Our company is part of Jumia, a global and leading incubator of startups specialized in e-commerce. Jumia is the leading internet group of Africa with already over 3,000 employees in 26 African countries. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by Axa, Orange, MTN and Rocket Internet.
We want to create a well-balanced team of talented, truly dynamic and highly motivated individuals with a passion for travel, emerging markets and Africa. We are currently looking for outstanding candidates interested in entrepreneurship and web businesses.
Corporate Sales Officer Job Responsibilities
- As a Corporate Sales Officer, your role will be both ‘hunting’ (new clients) and ‘farming’ (handling and
managing existing clients). The ideal candidate should be someone comfortable with both aspects. Your
- Researching and identifying sales opportunity, generating leads, target identification and classification.
- Reaching out to new customers and making presentations or pitches outlining the benefits of product/ services.
- The ideal candidate should have strong closing skills.
- Perform territory and account management, opportunity qualification, and needs analysis for all account levels: prospects and customers.
- Use phone, email, and internal marketing tools to perform selling activities and drive new business.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date forecast and document all activities and customer interactions.
- Maintain required activity metrics, via phone calls, appointments, demos.
- Respond to inbound inquiries, outbound marketing campaigns, and successfully lead opportunity development.
- Required to remain knowledgeable and up-to-date on product roadmap, industry changes, and competitive landscape.
- Ensuring proper servicing and after sales support to clients.
- Data reporting to management and gathering market intelligence.
Requirements for the Corporate Sales Officer Job
- At least 1 year experience selling to corporate customers.
- Must have strong sales or business development background.
- Enthusiastic, driven and confident – Ability to clearly and persuasively articulate the company’s mission, product and business value.
- Proven ability to learn new technology quickly, adapt to changing needs and possess strong analytical skills.
- Ability to quickly build productive relationships in a fast-paced, high-performance environment.
- Perfect spoken and written English is a must.
We Offer You:
- An amazing learning culture.
- A flat structured working environment to enable you enhance your skills in customer service
- A chance to be part of an international team that offers great opportunities for growth
How to Apply
If your profile meets the requirements, please send your CV to [email protected] with the “Corporate Sales Officer – Jumia Travel” as the email subject. Application deadline: 17th March 2017 COB
Jumia is as an equal opportunity employer.
Due to the large number of applications we receive, we are unable to provide any feedback on unsuccessful applications. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
No phone calls please.