Vendor Manager- Home & Living (Appliances)
Who We Are
Jumia is the largest online retail store in Africa with over 100,000 unique visitors a day, buying everything fromFashion to Phones. Jumia’s mission is to revolutionize the concept of shopping by providing customers with the best online shopping experience.
Jumia is part of Africa Internet Group, a leading global incubator of startups specialised in e-commerce. Africa Internet Group is Africa’s leading internet firm, with already over 3,000 employees in over 20 African countries and huge successes such as Jumia.com, Kaymu.com, Hellofood.com, Lamudi.com, Carmudi.com and Jovago.com. It is led by top talented leaders offering a great mix of local and international talents and is backed by MTN, Millicom and Rocket Internet.
Africa is one of the fastest growing economies in the world, offering excellent opportunities in a vibrant and booming environment. Its economic growth has enabled innovative businesses to flourish and this is where Africa Internet Group steps in.
Job Description: Vendor Manager- Home and Living (Appliances)
- Handling relationships with new and current suppliers
- Getting the weekly promotional material from the suppliers
- Negotiating costs and payment terms
- Getting new product releases as soon as the suppliers have them.
- Shortlisting and prioritizing key suppliers.
- Finding new suppliers and try to source and sell every product within your category.
- Monitoring stock levels and planning the purchasing policy well in advance.
- Having an accurate knowledge of competition: who they are, what prices they have and their products.
- Analyzing consumer buying behavior and predicting future trends
- Producing Monthly reports.
- Liaising with various teams within the organization to ensure a smooth flow of operations.
Qualifications and Experience for Vendor Manager Jobs in Kenya
- Degree/ Diploma in Business/ Commerce Purchasing and supplies.
- 2 years and above work experience sourcing and handling suppliers
- Excellent computer skills
- Excellent Knowledge of the Home Appliances is a plus
- Exceptional analytical, organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, Entrepreneurial and proven ability to deliver exceptional results.
- A unique education in scaling new internet concepts
- Become part of a highly professional and dynamic team working around the world
- An unparalleled personal and professional growth as our longer-term objective is to train the next generation of leaders for our future internet ventures
How to Apply
If You want to join some of the fastest growing companies in the world, please send your resume to the following addresses, by specifying the position on the e-mail subject,[email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Join the journey!