A construction company based in Nairobi, Kenya and devoted to residential construction and civil engineering in select geographical locations is looking to hire a Junior Accountant to join their workforce.
Job Roles and Responsibilities
- Process and reconcile Individual or corporate business accounts
- Receive and verify invoices & requisitions for goods and services
- Verify that transactions comply with financial procedures.
- Ensure complete and accurate bank reconciliation for all cash books
- To prepare monthly payrolls and ensure remittance of statutory deductions and especially those relating to the National Social Security Fund (the NSSF) and the National Hospital Insurance Fund( the NHIF)
- Run invoices through the ETR machine
- Prepare payment vouchers and process cheques
- Participate in the preparation and presentation of periodic financial reports and ensure all Accounting procedures are complied with.
- Oversee accurate and appropriate recording and analysis of revenues and expenses i.e. handling Cash, petty cash and cheques.
- Monitor and support Taxation documentations
- Handle Cash and Bank Reconciliations
- Performing Inter account transfers
- Perform any other duties as may be prescribed by management from time to time.
Key Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum CPA 2 (Section IV)
- At least 2 years experience in Accounting in a busy Set up
- Proficiency in Accounting Packages is a MUST
- Self Driven
- Strong communication and problem solving skills.
- A team player
- Demonstrate the ability to work under pressure.
How to Apply
- If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience; please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (Junior Accountant) to [email protected] before Monday 18th July 2016.
- Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.
- N.B: We do not charge any fee for receiving your CV or for interviewing.
- Only candidates short-listed for interview will be contacted.