Our client is a distributor and stockists of various commodities but currently specializing in fast moving consumable goods.
They mainly distribute goods in Nairobi and its environs. Reporting to the Director, the junior accountant will assist in the day to day accounts operations matters.
Salary: 30k – 40K based on experience
Junior Accountant Job Responsibilities
- Positing entries and transactions on the ERP system
- Bank reconciliation
- Establish internal controls by recommending policies and procedure to be adopted
- Maintenance of office petty cash
- Invoice and payments verifications
- Performing general ledger reconciliations
- Preparing and submitting statutory returns i.e. PAYE, VAT, Withholding Tax;
- Conducting debtor and creditor reconciliation
- Assist in payroll preparations
- Maintain accounting records and reconciliation controls of approved budgets
- Attend to monthly stock accounts, reconciliations and inventory reviews
- Maintaining financial security by following internal controls
Qualifications for the Junior Accountant Job
- Minimum CPA section 2 or equivalent
- At least 3 years experience in accounting
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, knowledge and experience in using Accounting Software packages such as Pastel, Sage, QuickBooks
- Proficiency in accounting packages
- Suitable candidate should be of unquestionable integrity
- They should also be dynamic and a team player
- Should also have experience in internal auditing and in all areas of accounting
- Ability to work to tight deadlines in a pressurized environment
- Have high good attention to detail
- The candidate must be very reliable and energetic
How to Apply
If you are up to the challenge, possess the necessary qualification and experience, please send your CV only quoting the job title on the email subject (FMCG Junior Accountant 30k – 40K) to email@example.com before 15th March, 2017.
Kindly indicate current/last salary on your CV.