Duma Works is recruiting a Junior Customer Care Rep for one of our clients; a company that produces and distributes high quality organic fertilizer.
Job Purpose Statement: To serve company’s customers and potential customers in the office, by phone, email, and social media channels, enhancing the customer service experience for our clients, and supporting growth in sales the organic fertilizer.
Note: This role allows for growth in the organization, as it is the first role of its kind.
An excellent candidate could train and manage the incoming additional in-office customer service/sales representative in the next year, or possibly grow into a Sales role in the field.
Key duties and responsibilities
- Reach out and respond to sales leads to further them in the purchasing process.
- Reach out and respond to existing clients to support their experience.
- Build sustainable relationships of trust through open and interactive communication.
- Provide general agronomic information to existing and potential customers.
- Provide accurate, valid and complete information by using the right methods/tools.
- Maintain customer database by updating account information after every interaction.
- Liaise with sales field staff team to clearly communicate sales and customer service priorities, opportunities and issues.
- Work in high-paced environment to deliver results.
- Report to management on progress and suggestions for improvement of sales and customer service process.
Key Result Areas
- Increase conversions from trial to commercial customers for small and medium-scale farmers
- Increase fertilizer sales volumes
- Increase customer retention rates
- Increase engagement with fertilizer customers
Staff Reporting Directly to the Job Holder: None
Others Reporting Indirectly: None
- Minimum a diploma in agriculture or related field.
- Undergraduate degree in agriculture or a related field most preferred.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Demonstrated ability in data entry.
- Excellent communication skills in Swahili and English.
- Strong phone contact handling skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Suite, email, web browsing, social media.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Tech savvy and able to learn computer programs rapidly.
- Experience using CRM systems, such as Salesforce.
- Previous experience working in the agriculture sector in Kenya, preferably providing agronomic advice and agriculture inputs sales.
- 1-2 years experience in related sales/customer service role.
- Highly motivated.
- Active listener.
- A deep interest in agro products and helping farmers.
- Collaboration & Team work : Proficient
- Pragmatic Innovation : Proficient
- Building Value for stakeholders : Proficient
- Pursuing Excellence : Proficient
- Authenticity: Proficient
Reports to: Head of Marketing, By-Product Sales.
Department: By-Product Sales
How to Apply
- Applications letters (maximum 2 pages) and detailed CV are to be sent by email to [email protected] marking the subject as “ 2067”, Your Full name & Phone number e.g. 2067, Barack Obama, 07xxxxxxxxx.
- If you don’t follow these instructions, your application will not go through N.B.* When applying to any job through Duma Works, you can expect that after you apply, you will receive a confirmation email, and then an SMS alert asking you to take a basic screening test over SMS. The SMS with the test may not arrive immediately. Please be patient. The SMS test will typically be 5-8 questions to help us understand your background. Regular SMS rates apply to the test, and if you ever have any issues with the process, please reach out to 0702093793.