University of Kabianga (UoK) is an ISO certified institution that received its charter as a fully-fledged University on 1st March 2013. It was established as a Campus of Moi University.
The Campus was officially decreed by His Excellency the third President of the Republic of Kenya, Hon. Mwai Kibaki on 10th of May 2007.
The University Campus was elevated to a Constituent College of Moi University by Kabianga Order 2009, through the Legal Notice No 77 in the Kenya Gazette Supplement No. 36 of 29th May, 2009.
Research Assistant Job Qualifications
- Must have a degree from a recognized/ accredited University;
- Must have knowledge and experience in statistics/Biostatistics
- Be ICT literate with demonstrable knowledge on statistical computer software programmes and experience in handling and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data;
- Have thorough knowledge on the understanding of concepts and application of a range of research techniques, mainly in academics and management;
- Have knowledge on project management;
- At least two (2) years relevant work experience in a similar position in a University or a research institution;
- Good oral and written communication skills, mainly in English; and
- Have proactive transformative attitude and willingness to work in a team to achieve set targets within specified timelines.
How to Apply
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates for the following posts.
Ten (10) copies of applications should be submitted together with an updated Curriculum Vitae giving details of the applicant; age, marital status, academic and professional qualification, working experience, present post and salary, telephone contact, email address, names and referees plus copies of the certificates and testimonials. The reference number of the position applied should be clearly indicated.
All applications to be addressed to:
Deputy Vice-Chancellor (Administration & Finance) University of Kabianga P. O. BOX 2030 – 20200 KERICHO
So as to reach him not later than Thursday, 13th April, 2017. Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the above address.
The referees should write and send their recommendations, under sealed envelopes within three weeks from the date of the advertisement.
N/B: Only short listed candidates will be contacted. University of Kabianga is an equal opportunity employer and therefore applicants of either gender or persons with disability are encouraged to apply.