Internal Audit Manager Job at Kenya Animal Genetic Resources Centre (KAGRC)
Job Grade: KAGRC 4
The manager Internal Audit shall report to the Board of Directors of Kenya Animal Genetic Resources Centre in planning and executing various financial and operation audits within accepted professional standards. The job holder will also ensure institutional policies; procedures and application laws and regulations are adhered to.
Responsibilities for the Internal Audit Manager Job
- Liaising with the Managing Director to prepare internal audit reports for presentation to the Board of Directors Audit Committee,
- Preparing audit plans, strategies and programs in accordance with the requirements of the Internal Audit Unit plan;
- Planning and coordinating internal audit activities;
- Budgeting and control of resources;
- Ensuring audit procedures and regulations are adhered to;
- Ensuring sound audit management systems are in place;
- Preparing audit reports and follow up on implementation of recommendations; undertaking special audit investigations as may be required;
- Monitoring and evaluating the Unit’s activities;
- Compiling the Unit’s quarterly and annual reports;
- Implementation and realization of the Unit’s strategic plans and objectives; preparation and implementation of the Unit’s performance appraisal systems and contracts;
- Overseeing the finances and assets management of the unit and instituting operational accountability;
- Carrying out risk assessment and maintaining an updated register;
- Undertaking special assignments and investigations; and
- Providing audit support, advice and guidance to the external auditors as requested.
Qualifications for the Internal Audit Manager Job
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines: Business Administration/ Management, Commerce specializing in Finance or Accounting or its equivalent from a reputable institution; Masters degree in any of the following disciplines: commerce, accounting, Finance, Business Administration or their equivalent will be an added advantage;
- Professional certification in CPA (Certified Public Accountant); Certified Internal Auditor (CIA); Certified Internal Systems Auditor (CISA);
- Understanding of Quality management system (ISO 9000), knowledge in ACL (Audit command Language) and membership to ICPAK (Institute of certified public Accountants of Kenya);
- Should have a minimum of eight years experience three of which should have been at senior level of principal Internal Auditor or its equivalent;
- Demonstrated managerial and professional competence in work performance;
- Exhibit a thorough understanding of national goals, policies, objectives and ability to relate them to proper audit management; and Should be an excellent communicator with high levels of confidentiality.
How To Apply
The positions will be for a three year renewable contract subject to performance. Interested candidates should apply and attach detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and other testimonials including email address and cell phone number and names of three referees with their contacts to the address below to be received on or before 11th April, 2017 at 4.00 P.M.
All candidates are expected to attach copies of the following documents:
- Tax compliance certificates;
- Clearance from HELB;
- Clearance from Ethics and anti-corruption commission;
- Clearance from the CRB; and
- Certificate of Good conduct from the police.
The Managing Director
Kenya Animal Genetic Resources Centre
P O Box 23070 – 00604
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.