Principal Supply Chain Officer Job at Kenya Animal Genetic Resources Centre (KAGRC)
Job Grade: KAGRC 5 (1 POSITION)
The officer will be the head of the Procurement department and will report to the Managing Director.
Responsibilities for the Supply Chain Officer Job
- Developing and implementing procurement policies and plans to guide supply chain operations and aligning them with approved budget;
- Overseeing the implementation, monitoring and review of supply chain through adherence to procurement policies, regulations, and procedures;
- Coordinating activities in the procurement unit and advising on policy matters pertaining to procurement and supplies;
- Budgeting for the unit and carrying out internal monitoring and evaluation;
- Assessing and measuring the performance of the suppliers and contractors;
- Coordinating the preparation and implementation of procurement manual;
- Introducing modern inventory management techniques and approaches;
- Overseeing implementation of e-procurement strategies and risk management;
- Ensuring capacity building and performance management of staff in the unit;
- Ensuring safe custody of procured goods and confidential documents; and
- Ensuring integrity and professionalism in supply chain operations.
Qualifications for the Supply Chain Officer Job
- Bachelors degree in Commerce or Business Administration (supply chain/procurement option) or its equivalent from a reputable institution;
- Masters degree in Commerce or Business Administration(supply chain/procurement option) or its equivalent form a reputable institution;
- Must be a member of the Kenya Institute of Supplies management (KISM) or Chartered
Institute of purchasing and supplies;
- Must be knowledgeable on Public Procurement Asset and Disposal Act (PPAD, 2015) and Public Procurement
- Regulatory Authority (PPRA) procedures and guidelines;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and highly confidential;
- At least eight years experience three of which must have at senior supply chain officer in the supply chain department;
- Strong leadership and management skills; and
- Proficiency in computer applications and ability to write good reports.
How To Apply
The positions will be for a three year renewable contract subject to performance. Interested candidates should apply and attach detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and other testimonials including email address and cell phone number and names of three referees with their contacts to the address below to be received on or before 11th April, 2017 at 4.00 P.M.
All candidates are expected to attach copies of the following documents:
- Tax compliance certificates;
- Clearance from HELB;
- Clearance from Ethics and anti-corruption commission;
- Clearance from the CRB; and
- Certificate of Good conduct from the police.
The Managing Director
Kenya Animal Genetic Resources Centre
P O Box 23070 – 00604
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.