Sales & Marketing Manager Job at Kenya Animal Genetic Resources Centre (KAGRC)
Job Grade: KAGRC 5
Kenya Animal Genetic Resources Centre (KAGRC) is a state corporation under the ministry of Agriculture, Livestock and Fisheries established through Gazette Notice No. L.N. 110 of September, 2011.
It has been in operation since 1946 as CAIS and its mandate is to produce, preserve and conserve animal genetic material (semen embryo, tissues and live materials) and rear breeding bulls for provision of high quality disease free semen to meet national demand and for export. KAGRC works in close collaboration with other breeding organizations, societies and individual farms which provide herds for the breeding program such as the Kenya stud book, the
Dairy Recording services of Kenya and the Livestock recording centre. The centre is currently operating several Liquid Nitrogen plants countrywide in order to facilitate access to the key preservative of bull semen.
The management wishes to recruit dynamic, results oriented and committed individuals who can drive the organization to maximize its profits and deliver on its mandate. The positions will be for a three year contract period renewable subject to performance.
Responsibilities for the Sales & Marketing Manager Job
- Conducting market research and disseminating market information to relevant stakeholders;
- Drafting resource mobilization proposals and ensuring that the sales and marketing budget is adhered to;
- Participating in innovative branding and development of promotional activities for the Kenya Animal Genetic Resource Centre (KAGRC);
- Establishing and managing database on market information and development partners;
- Identifying market opportunities and advising KAGRC accordingly;
- Communicating with target audiences and managing customer relationships;
- Managing the production of marketing materials, including leaflets, posters, flyers, newsletters, e-newsletters and DVDs in liaison with relevant officers;
- Arranging the effective distribution of marketing materials;
- Organizing and attending events such as conferences, seminars, receptions and exhibitions;
- Contributing to and developing sales and marketing plans and strategies and evaluating their effectiveness;
- Sourcing advertising opportunities and placing adverts in the press or on the radio;
- Responsible for obtaining profitable results from the sales team through providing leadership and monitoring their performance;
- Plan for and oversee the performance Appraisal System for the sales team, assist in setting sales targets and administration of individual sales commissions according to existing organization’s policy;
- Assist in developing relevant training materials and provide training to the sales team; and
- Assist in debt collection through active involvement of the sales team in the process.
Qualifications for the Sales & Marketing Manager Job
- Bachelors Degree in any of the following disciplines: Marketing , Business Administration/ Management, Commerce (marketing), Entrepreneurship or its equivalent from a reputable institution or Degree in Veterinary Medicine , Animal Science, Animal Production with Diploma in Sales and Marketing;
- Served in a senior sales and/or marketing position in a busy organization;
- Masters degree in a relevant area will be added advantage;
- Should have a minimum of 8 years experience in a busy sales and marketing department working as a team manager and business development in an organization dealing with livestock or pharmaceutical products;
- Good communication, customer care and public relations skills;
- Ability to travel country wide and the region to meet customers; and
- A member of a local marketing professional body recognized in Kenya.
How To Apply
The positions will be for a three year renewable contract subject to performance. Interested candidates should apply and attach detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and other testimonials including email address and cell phone number and names of three referees with their contacts to the address below to be received on or before 11th April, 2017 at 4.00 P.M.
All candidates are expected to attach copies of the following documents:
- Tax compliance certificates;
- Clearance from HELB;
- Clearance from Ethics and anti-corruption commission;
- Clearance from the CRB; and
- Certificate of Good conduct from the police.
The Managing Director
Kenya Animal Genetic Resources Centre
P O Box 23070 – 00604
Email: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.