Kaimosi Friends University College (KAFUCO) is a Constituent College of Masinde Muliro University of Science Technology (MMUST) and invites suitably qualified candidates to fill the following teaching positions.
Assistant Procurement Job Requirements
- Bachelors Degree in Procurement and Supplies Management with 3 years working experience as Senior Procurement/Supplies Assistant Scale 8 or its equivalent OR
- Higher Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management with 9 years working experience 3 of which as Senior Procurement/Supplies Assistant Scale 8 or its equivalent. OR
- Diploma in Purchasing and Supply Chain Management with 12 years working experience 3 of which as Senior Procurement/Supplies Assistant Scale 8 or its equivalent
- Be registered with the relevant professional body.
- ICT Competent.
Duties for the Assistant Procurement Job
- Responsible for procurement of goods and services after receiving competitive quotations from reputable suppliers and carrying out the market survey, research and effective evaluation of suppliers quotations.
- Preparing and evaluating tender documents and keeping them safely.
- Controlling stores stock level and ensuring that proper records of all University College stores are maintained.
- Receiving requisitions for the purchase of goods and services and issuing L.P.O’s for the required services after proper evaluation of quotations.
- Receiving and issuing items from the stores in accordance with the laid down financial procedures.
- Processing and following up of duty and sales tax exemptions as necessary.
- Safe custody of local purchase order books.
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to Apply
Applicants should send ten (10) hard copies of their application to the undersigned clearly indicating the advert reference number of the position of interest on the envelope, in addition, send an email clearly quoting the advert reference number on the subject line.
An updated curriculum vitae and cover letter only, on a running PDF format as one attachment should be emailed to [email protected] so as to reach us not later than 31st July, 2017 at 5.00 pm.
Applicants are advised to contact their referees and request them to send their letters of reference to the undersigned not later than the deadline indicated above.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deputy Principal (Administration, Finance & Planning) Kaimosi Friends University College P.O Box 385-50309 KAIMOSI
Kaimosi Friends University College is an equal opportunity employer.