Head Early Childhood Development Education Jobs at Kakamega County
Job Group “P”.
Reporting to Chief Officer, Education, Science and Technology, the Officer will:
Head ECD Education Jobs Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop, coordinate, review and implement ECDE policies;
- Prepare, implement and review the strategic plan, annual work plans and periodic reports in the Department;
- Manage and oversee the implementation of the ECDE program in the County; iv. Mobilize resources for ECDE projects and programmes;
- Develop partnerships with various stakeholders to improve status and management of ECDE Centers;
- Co-ordinate and provide technical support to stakeholders and partners in mainstreaming ECDE;
- Promote awareness on early childhood needs and demands to local communities and parents;
- Prepare ECDE strategies; by giving technical advice and guidance to ECDE assistants;
- Facilitate processes to identify issues, challenges and innovative responses highlighted in reports;
- Organize and share compiled feedback reports for improvements in project quality and partner support;
- Coordinate implementation of play-based curriculum for ECDE in the County;
- Supervise the design, development and preparation of ECDE play and learning materials for ECDE children;
- Perform any other duties as may be lawfully assigned.
Requirements for the Head ECD Education Jobs
- Bachelor’s Degree in ECDE or a Bachelor’s Degree in Education plus a Post Graduate Diploma in ECDE from a recognized University;
- Master’s degree in ECDE or related field from a recognized university;
- Senior Management Course from the Kenya School of Government or any other recognized institution;
- Certificate in Computer Applications from a recognized institution;
- Have at least 8 years post graduate experience of which three (3) should be in JG ‘N’ or equivalent;
- MUST have clear understanding of ECDE policies, framework, goals and objectives.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and report writing skills;
- Demonstration of professional competence in work performance and be result oriented in execution of duties and responsibilities;
- Have exposure in curriculum development and child health monitoring.
Terms of Service: 3 Years Contract
How to Apply
Note: applicants for the above positions are required to get clearance from the underlisted organisations to meet requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents to:
*Online applications are available on the County Website.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100
The position applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of residence in the application.
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor on or before 21st June, 2017.
All applications should reach this office on or before 21st June, 2017.
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer
Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted