Principal Human Resource Officer, Performance Management Jobs at Kakamega County, Kenya
Department Of Public Service And Administration
Position: Principal Human Resource Officer, Performance Management, Jg ‘P’ (1 Post)
The Principal Human Resource Officer, Performance Management will be responsible to the Chief Officer, Public Service and Administration for overall management and administration of the Performance Management function in the County Government.
HR Officer Job Duties and Responsibilities in Kenya
- Establishment of a strong Performance Management Unit for the County Government of Kakamega;
- Developing a regulatory framework in consultation with the County Public Service Board and Department of Public Service and Administration on Performance Management in the County Government of Kakamega.
- Coordinating all the activities of Performance Contracting in the County Government of Kakamega;
- Organizing and scheduling of Performance Management cycle for the County Government of Kakamega;
- Working in consultation with the Performance Contracting Unit in the Directorate of Public Service in the Ministry and customizing that are used in preparation and signing of the Performance Contracts in the County.
- Developing the monitoring and evaluation instruments to be used in performance monitoring in the Departments and County Agencies.
- Preparation of vetting, negotiation and signing of Performance Contracts and continuous monitoring and preparation of quarterly report to H.E. the Governor and the Deputy Governor.
- Coordinating with external experts in the setting of targets, vetting negotiations and signing and the eventual preparation of quarterly reports.
- Ensuring that performance targets set are in tandem with the Vision 2030, Sustainable Development Goals and CIDP of the County Government of Kakamega;
- Training of staff on performance contract and research as service delivery innovation; and
- Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Requirements for HR Officer Jobs in Kenya
- Be a Kenya Citizen;
- Must have held a senior position in full time employment in a reputable organization/public service or consulting for a minimum period of ten (10) years;
- Must have Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences;
- Must have a Master’s degree in Business Administration and Human Resource Management/Strategic Management or its equivalent in a recognized institution;
- Must have demonstrated a high degree of professionalism, competence, administration and initiative in the general organization and management of the human resource best practices techniques; and
- Demonstrated a thorough understanding of National Goals, Policies and Development of objectives and ability to transform them into Human Resource Management Policies and Programmes especially as regards to Performance Management.
Applicants For The Above Positions Are Required To Get Clearance From The Following To Meet Requirements Of Chapter 6 Of The Constitution Of Kenya 2010:
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
- Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
How to Apply
All applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional certificates, Testimonials, National Identity card or Passport, and any other supporting documents. The positions applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope. Kakamega county residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of origin. Applications should be submitted to: The Secretary/CEO County Public Service Board P.O. BOX 458-50100 Kakamega Hand delivered applications can be submitted at County Public Service Board’s Reception located at Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor. All applications should reach this office on or before 1st March, 2016