Chief Education Program Support Officer Jobs at Kakamega County
Job Group “M”
Reporting to Chief Officer, Education, Science and Technology, the Officer will:
Education Program Support Officer Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee and coordinate promotion and implementation of education support programmes and policies;
- Prepare and implement the strategic plan and annual work plans in the Department;
- Prepare the budget and procurement plans for the Department;
- Coordinate and provide technical support to the stakeholders;
- Mobilize resources for Education support programs in the County;
- Develop partnerships with various stakeholders to improve status and management of Education support programs and link the stakeholders to the County;
- Prepare strategies; give technical advice and guidance to education support program;
- Manage reporting and review of regular reports from education support program;
- Compile reports and disseminate for technical review; facilitate processes to identify issues, challenges and innovative responses highlighted in reports;
- Organize and share compiled feedback reports for improvements in project quality and partner support;
- Supervise the design, development and preparation of education support programs for both normal and special needs in both primary and secondary schools; and xii. Perform any other duties as may be lawfully assigned.
Requirements for the Education Program Support Officer Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Education from a recognized university;
- Master’s degree in Educational Planning and Management, Project Management or Strategic Management will be added advantage;
- A Management Course from the Kenya School of Government not lasting less than 2 weeks; iv. Have at least 5 years working experience of which 3 (three) should be in management level; v. Certificate in Computer
- Applications from a recognized institution;
- Have clear understanding of National Education Framework, Policies Goals and Objectives;
- Excellent interpersonal communication and report writing skills.
Terms of Service: Permanent and Pensionable
How to Apply
Note: applicants for the above positions are required to get clearance from the underlisted organisations to meet requirements of chapter six of the constitution of Kenya 2010: –
- Kenya Revenue Authority
- Higher Education Loans Board
- Ethics and Anti-Corruption Commission
- Criminal Investigation Department
Copies of these clearances MUST be attached to the applications.
Applicants should submit their applications together with copies of their detailed Curriculum Vitae, Academic and Professional Certificates, Testimonials, National Identity Card or Passport, and any other supporting documents to:
*Online applications are available on the County Website.
COUNTY PUBLIC SERVICE BOARD
P.O. BOX 458-50100
The position applied for should be indicated on top of the envelope.
Kakamega County residents will be required to indicate their Sub-County and Ward of residence in the application.
Hand delivered applications can be submitted at the County Public Service Board’s Reception located at Former Provincial Headquarters, Block ‘B’ 2nd Floor on or before 21st June, 2017.
All applications should reach this office on or before 21st June, 2017.
County Government of Kakamega is an equal opportunity employer
Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply
Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification
NOTE: Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted