Kenya Association of Music Producers (KAMP) and Performers Rights Society of Kenya (PRISK) are Collective Management Organizations (CMOs) licensed by the Kenya Copyright Board under Section 46 (2) of the Copyright Act 2001 to represent producers of sound recordings and performers of audio and audio-visual works respectively.
KAMP and PRISK are both mandated to collect license fees from public users of sound recordings and audiovisual works and distribute royalties to their respective rights holders in accordance to Section 30 (A) of the Copyright Act, Cap 130 Laws of Kenya.KAMP-PRISK is seeking to fill the position of Accounts Assistant whose primary duty shall be to provide support to KAMP-PRISK Accounting and Licensing functions.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Clearance of licensing documents and making allocations on the bank statements accordingly. I.e. ensuring that Licensing invoices/receipts together with the payment details are in order and clearly checking on the authenticity of the tariff used, invoiced amount and the payment mode.
- Follow up on any arising discrepancies with the Regional Licensing Managers/Officers together with the Head of licensing. Proper communication to be made and results communicated to Finance and Licensing officials accordingly.
- Ensuring that all the user payments made have been credited to KAMP- PRISK account. If not, communication should be made to the bank and the entire Finance team notified.
- Accounting and reconciliation of cash budgets disbursed to the regional offices on the following operations;
- Monthly petty cash expenditures
- Enforcement. (A cost benefit analysis report to be generated and reported i.e. Tabulation of actual surcharge and actual invoiced amount realized per region.)
- Filing of all licensing accounting documents chronologically.
- Generation of various reports as required.
- Perform any other duty as may be assigned by Line Manager
- Bachelor Degree in Commerce (Accounting / Finance option) or CPA II
- At least 3 years’ experience in a busy computerized Accounting Environment
- Proficiency in use of QuickBooks and Microsoft Office suite.
- The person should be of High integrity
- Team player.
- Excellent accounting and book keeping principles
How to Apply
If you believe you possess the above requirements, please submit your resume and application letter to: [email protected]
All applications must be delivered on or before Friday, 29th March 2016. The subject of the email should be ‘ACCOUNTS ASSISTANT’ NOTE: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.