Vacancy: Bilingual – Monitoring & Evaluation and Documentation Officer
KANCO is a key partner to the Global Fund to Fight HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (TGF) and is assuming the role of Principal Recipient of TGF grant in the Regional East African HIV Harm Reduction Project.
The project will be rolled out in eight countries (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Burundi, Ethiopia, Seychelles and Mauritius).
In its role as Principal Recipient, KANCO will ensure quality and effective program implementation, program financial management, timely procurement of supplies and service delivery as well as efficient monitoring and evaluation of the grant implementation activities.
For the implementation of the project, KANCO has established a Programme Management Unit (‘PMU’) which will coordinate and oversee the implementation of the project and ensure compliance of the terms and conditions of the grant agreements with the TGF and as well as the KANCO rules, policies and procedures.
The PMU will ensure coordination with other initiatives funded by the Global Fund and other health programmes.
In addition, it is critical the PMU links with the implementing countries regional offices, other Country Offices acting as PR for Global Fund programmes in the region and globally.
KANCO is seeking to employ a suitable person for the following position to form part of the PMU
Bilingual – Monitoring & Evaluation and Documentation Officer
Position Summary: The Monitoring and Evaluation officer will provide programme monitoring and evaluation support services ensuring high quality, accuracy and consistency of work including Documentation of the project.
- Ensure the timely monitoring of the implementation of the program grant activities in accordance with KANCO, the Global Fund and country specific national system’s M&E procedures.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of project grant monitoring activities
- Prepare and regularly update the PMU project monitoring framework.
- Prepare and regularly update grant M&E field visit schedules in direct collaboration with the respective ministries
- Participate in grant Sub-recipient (SR) field monitoring visits. Follow-up with the SRs and relevant PMU staff on the subsequent recommendations.
- Prepare regular project reports and analysis as required.
- Ensure the timely collection of project M&E data (according to the tools and written reporting procedures).
- Produce different analytical tables corresponding to reporting and M&E requirements.
- Verification of SR reports and data provided by SRs
- Provide training /support to SR program/M&E staff in the area of monitoring and evaluation/report writing.
- Administer all databases used in M&E of the project (data base on clients, health goods, pharmaceuticals, etc.).
- Assist in the regular collection of results for the project process indicators, with participation of PMU relevant staff.
- Provide necessary inputs for the financial and programmatic reports, communication materials as may be required by PMU management.
- Accurate and timely reporting to the Global Fund.
- To Provides information and documentation on specific stages of projects/programme implementation
- Document and tracks innovative strategies/best practices/new approaches
- Lead development of quality assurance systems for the project to ensure data quality.
- Ensure appropriate data collection tools and systems are in place and are being used correctly by staff and partners to collect required and accurate data for performance, monitoring and evaluation.
- Identify M&E technical assistance (TA) needs of partners, facilities and provide/organize TA through training, mentorship, and/or on-site supervision.
- Participate in program monitoring visits/forums with other project staff as necessary.
- Perform other duties as required by Technical project lead in programs
- Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, statistics, demography, development or health related subjects, or equivalent standard of education.
- Strong Monitoring and Evaluation skills
- Post graduate qualifications in M&E
- Strong command of computer software applications, including database experience
- Minimum 5 years experience gained in programme management, including programme monitoring and evaluation, operational research, community development work and capacity building
- Experience implementing, coordinating and assessing monitoring and evaluating health projects.
- Working knowledge of Global Fund programs
- Experience of developing and using management information systems
Strong analytical skills
- Ability to work independently and manage teams remotely
- Excellent training and facilitation skills.
- Excellent written, analytical, presentation and reporting skills.
- Expertise in setting up and supervising routine project monitoring processes, including data quality assurance activities.
- Proven ability to collect and analyse key output and outcome data using Excel , SPSS,STATA, Epi-data, SAS
- Ability to work collaboratively across disciplines and support diverse team members in completing tasks.
- Well-organized and detail oriented with good follow-through.
- Fluency in both written and spoken English and French is a must
- Eligibility to live and work in Kenya
How to Apply
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and a résumé indication your current and expected salary.
Indicate the title of position on the subject line.
KANCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against: color, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion or belief, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, HIV/AIDS Status, and disability.
Applications to be sent to the Human Resource Office ONLY via email: [email protected]
Please do not attach certificates and testimonials at this point.
Application Deadline: 14th September, 2015
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted