KANCO is a national membership network of organization with over 1000 Non – Governmental Organization (NGOs), Community Based Organization (CBOs), Faith Based Organization (FBOs), Private Sector, Research and Learning Institutions responding to HIV & AIDS, TB and other Public Health concerns in Kenya.
It is also accredited as a Linking Organization with the International HIV & AIDS Alliance.
Its mission is to provide leadership, promote collaboration and enhance capacity among Civil Society organizations (CSOs) and other stakeholders to respond to HIV & AIDS and TB at the community level.
KANCO is seeking to employ a suitable person for the following position:-
Job Summary: To take responsibility and give support in all matters related to finance by adhering to laid down policies and procedures
- Assisting the Finance Manager in preparation of budget and financial reports in the field office
- Supporting the Finance Manager in budget implementation and monitoring
- Receiving requisitions from field staff and ensuring timely approval and disbursement of activity funds in the project in liaison with the Finance and Program Officer.
- Documents financial transactions by entering account information and coding payment vouchers and files for data processing and/or payment
- Reconciling all control and balance sheet accounts under own management and clearing all reconciling items periodically
- Preparing relevant invoices to various clients for payments and maintaining debtors’ accounts in the project office
- Keeping and maintaining all accounting records and fixed assets register
- Coordinating the process of sourcing, purchasing and supplying goods to the project
- Reconciling suppliers’ statements against ledger statements monthly and liaising with the respective suppliers in a bid to clear the reconciling items in the reconciliation
- Preparing payment reports to suppliers/community groups, checking the reports against the corresponding invoices to be paid and maintaining suppliers ledger accounts and passing journal vouchers for necessary adjustments
- Preparing asset, liability, and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Summarizing current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement, and other reports.
- Maintaining customer confidence and protecting operations by keeping financial information confidential.
- Participating in the internal audits as scheduled and in external audits by providing the auditors with accounting documents as requested and providing explanations to the audit queries.
- Filing the VAT claims, Withholding Tax returns, PAYE returns and NGO returns.
- Ensuring accounting compliance as per the donor rules and regulations
- Assisting with systematic and ad-hoc analysis of the project cost as a basis for evaluation, budgeting and operational research studies
- Any other duties as may be assigned by supervisor
- Degree in Business field such as accounting or finance,
- Professional qualifications in CPA / ACCA,
- 2 years in finance and Accounting function,
- Knowledge in at least one Accounting System, working knowledge of SAGE PASTEL systems is a plus.
- Knowledge of Kenya VAT, Income Tax and other statutory regulations
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills,
- High sense of initiative,
- Ability to work extra hard and deliver results
- Must demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal skills
- Pro activity
- Operational skills
- Team playing skills
- Communication skills
- Report Writing Skills
How to Apply
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and a résumé indication your current and expected salary.
Indicate the title of position on the subject line.
KANCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against: color, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion or belief, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, HIV/AIDS Status, and disability.
Applications to be sent to the Human Resource Office ONLY via email: [email protected]
Please do not attach certificates and testimonials at this point.
Application Deadline: 14th September, 2015
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted