Vacancy: Internal Auditor – Part time Position
KANCO is a key partner to the Global Fund to Fight HIV/AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria (TGF) and is assuming the role of Principal Recipient of TGF grant in the Regional East African HIV Harm Reduction Project.
The project will be rolled out in eight countries (Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Zanzibar, Burundi, Ethiopia, Seychelles and Mauritius).
In its role as Principal Recipient, KANCO will ensure quality and effective program implementation, program financial management, timely procurement of supplies and service delivery as well as efficient monitoring and evaluation of the grant implementation activities.
For the implementation of the project, KANCO has established a Programme Management Unit (‘PMU’) which will coordinate and oversee the implementation of the project and ensure compliance of the terms and conditions of the grant agreements with the TGF and as well as the KANCO rules, policies and procedures.
The PMU will ensure coordination with other initiatives funded by the Global Fund and other health programmes.
In addition, it is critical the PMU links with the implementing countries regional offices, other Country Offices acting as PR for Global Fund programmes in the region and globally.
KANCO is seeking to employ a suitable person for the following position to form part of the PMU
Internal Auditor – Part time Position
Position Summary: Establish an effective and independent internal audit function for the management support of the Organization. Managing a sound Internal Control System within the PMU and planning, supervising and reporting the results of all internal audits and related assignments with recommendations wherever applicable and work in close collaboration with the Finance Director to ensure KANCO Fiduciary compliance
- Conducting Internal Control evaluation and risk assessment to identify loopholes and areas requiring management intervention to prevent frauds, embezzlements, misappropriations, misuse and wastage and ensuring that objectives of the organization are achieved economically, efficiently and effectively;
- Preparing an Annual Internal Audit Plan based on risk assessment including tasks, assignments and timelines for completion for each task and main activities, personnel to be employed, and reporting results of audit;
- Preparing special reports when asked for by the management on various aspects of financial management, including asset management and security, financial reporting, decision support systems, management Information systems;
- Assisting PMU in internal controls over contract management, payments
- Annual audit of organizations financial transactions as per the donor and government rules and regulations
- Assisting the finance department in preparation Standard Operating Procedures in critical areas like meeting financial obligations.
- Compliant oversight in regards to ensure approved budgets are adhered including timely accountability and reporting
- Specifying internal checks including
- Pre-audit checks, adherence to policies procedures and compliance with rules, laws and regulations to ensure that payments to contractors/consultants are made by them in accordance with the stipulated guidelines of the government and donor agencies and Ensuring that systems exist for generation of accurate and reliable financial and other information;
- Conducting any other related task that may be assigned by the management.
- Audit reports for the audit performed
- Monthly follow-up reports with the progress of action plans designed (by recommendations’ owners) following audit recommendations
- Reports on data/processes analyzed including improvements proposed
- Reports on the quality of internal controls in the organization
- Business related degree
- Fully qualified Certified Public Accountant (CPA) or Certified Chartered Accountant (ACCA)
- Certified Internal Auditor
- MBA Finance /Accounting will be advantage
- 5 years audit experience and developing and implementing internal controls. Audit experience in NGO environment will be advantage
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills along with strong organizational ability; must be able to obtain, analyze and evaluate a variety of information; organize, interpret and present it in meaningful oral or written form for varied audiences and provide solid analysis leading to sound decision-making.
Eligibility to live and work in Kenya
How to Apply
Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a cover letter and a résumé indication your current and expected salary.
Indicate the title of position on the subject line.
KANCO is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against: color, race, nationality, ethnicity, religion or belief, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, HIV/AIDS Status, and disability.
Applications to be sent to the Human Resource Office ONLY via email: [email protected]
Please do not attach certificates and testimonials at this point.
Application Deadline: 14th September, 2015
Kindly note that only shortlisted persons will be contacted