Research and Learning Institutions as well as associate membership that includes individuals and
International Non-Governmental Organizations involved in or that have interest in HIV& AIDS,
Tuberculosis (TB) and other public health care concerns.
Established in 1990, KANCO has over 1200 members, with implementing partners in Burundi, Seychelles, Mauritius, Uganda, Ethiopia, Tanzania and Zanzibar. KANCO is also in partnership with different regional and global advocacy networks such as ACTION and RESULTS. Further to this, in 2009, KANCO was accredited as the linking organization of the International HIV/AIDS Alliance, a global network that supports communities around the world to reduce the spread of HIV and meet the challenges of AIDS and related health issues.
Guided by the vision of healthy people, empowered communities, over time KANCO has
evolved to become a premier agency for sensitizing, mobilizing and promoting collaboration
among civil society organizations (CSOs) working in the region.
We are recruiting 15 Research assistants for 8 days to conduct a baseline Survey in Turkana,
Siaya, Vihiga and Muranga.The focus will be on citizens’ participation, capacity of county
governments to promote the participation, challenges of county governance.
Duties and responsibilities of the Research Assistant:
- Administer questionnaires to the government representatives and CSOs.
- Review the questionnaire and summarize the answers from the respondents.
- Compile daily reports for activities conducted.
- Record the number of members who responded to the questionnaire.
- Report daily to their supervisors on the number of questionnaire administered daily.
Requirements of the Research Assistant:
- Degree in Social sciences
- Experience in qualitative and quantitative data collection
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Flexible and willing to work for long hours
- Ability to work in a Team
- Proficiency in MS and Excel office
How to Apply
The applicant must be a resident of Murang’a, Vihiga, Siaya or Turkana County. Interest candidates should submit your cover letter and resume with names and addresses of referees and telephone contacts by 14th October 2016 to [email protected]. The email subject should read Research Assistant and the name of the County Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted