Management Accountant Job at Karen Country Club
Number required: 1
Reporting to: Financial Controller
Main purpose of the Job
The Management Accountant will be responsible for analyzing financial information to inform the business strategy, forecast, collect, maintain and provide accurate data and information to support management in making strategic business decisions, as well as bridge the gap between finance and Club operations.
Responsibilities for the Management Accountant Job
- Coordinating and monitoring annual budgets for management’s decision making and to ensure that revenue and expenditure is kept in line with the budget.
- Advising management on proper financial planning and control by preparing and producing monthly management accounting reports for decision making.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and cash flow forecasts.
- Hold regular meetings with management to discuss the budgetary position and agree action plans where required.
Cost Accounting and Financial Analysis
- Preparing reports for best investment decision opportunities and provide management with business costing related to short-term and long term investments.
- Making sure spending is in line with budgets.
- Analysing the Club’s financial performance and making long term forecasts.
- Recommending ways of cutting costs.
- Conducting ongoing process constraint analyses.
- Report on breakeven points by function, products, and service offering.
- Report on margins by product and division.
- Report on weekly / monthly variances and their causes, focusing on spending variances.
- Analysing capital budgeting requests and preparing capital expenditure justifications.
Qualifications for the Management Accountant Job
- Degree in B. Com Hons. (Accounting) or B. Admin Hons (Accounting) CPA (K).
- At least 3 -4 years’ experience in management accounting preferably in the hospitality industry
- MS Office Applications with excellent excel skills.
- Familiar with analytical tools.
How to Apply
If you meet the above minimum requirements, forward your CV and Cover letter to – Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Application for (Position). Deadline for application submission is 18th April, 2017. Only SHORTLISTED candidates will be contacted.