KASNEB is a professional examinations body which operates under the Accountants Act, No. 15 of 2008, the Certified Public Secretaries of Kenya Act, Cap 534 of 1988 and the Investment and Financial Analysts Act, No.13 of 2015.
The mandate of KASNEB is to develop syllabuses, conduct professional, diploma and technician examinations; certify candidates in accountancy, finance, credit, governance and management, information communication technology and related disciplines; promote its qualifications globally and accredit relevant training institutions.
The vision of KASNEB is to be a world-class professional examinations body.
In keeping with current strategic needs, KASNEB invites applications from suitably qualified persons for the following vacant position at KASNEB office located at the
University of Rwanda, College of Business and Economics (Chic Complex, City Centre) Kigali, Rwanda.
Key Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Coordinator, Kigali, Rwanda, the Administrative Assistant will provide support to all office operations to ensure high quality and accuracy of work.
- Ensuring timely dissemination of information on the qualifications and operations of KASNEB to students, prospective students and other relevant parties.
- Registering applicants wishing to take KASNEB examinations and entering the registered students for examinations as appropriate.
- Organising and managing the office, ensuring safe custody of cash, cheques and other accountable documents as well as ensuring due care of all office assets and maintaining an up to date inventory at all times.
- Receiving and dispatching correspondence including letters, faxes and emails as well as providing relevant background information for correspondence and drafting routine responses.
- Handling telephone calls and office inquiries as appropriate.
- Developing and maintaining relevant databases and filing systems for optimal management of information and contacts for the office.
- Organising and managing execution of events including meetings, workshops and other KASNEB related activities.
- Making travel and accommodation arrangements for the official visitors.
Qualifications and experience
The ideal candidate should be a Rwandese national who possesses the following academic and professional qualifications and experience:
- Diploma in business administration, management or related discipline from a recognised institution.
- KASNEB qualification or a business related degree will be an added advantage.
- Advanced computer skills.
- A minimum of two (2) years relevant work experience.
- Knowledge of the qualifications of KASNEB and examination registration and exemption procedure.
- Knowledge in online marketing will be an added advantage.
Key personal attributes
The ideal candidate should:
- Possess a high degree of personal integrity, initiative and professionalism.
- Be a team player with an outgoing personality.
- Possess excellent analytical, presentation and reporting skills.
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills with fluency in English.
- Be proactive, confident, self-driven and able to meet deadlines.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their applications enclosing detailed curriculum vitae, copies of transcripts, academic and professional certificates, national identity card, testimonials, current and expected salary and names and addresses of three referees so as to reach the undersigned not later than Tuesday, 24 January 2017. The envelope should be marked “CONFIDENTIAL” and indicate the “REFERENCE NUMBER” of the position applied for and be addressed to:
Chief Executive Officer
P.O. Box 41362-00100
Soft copies to be sent through Email address: [email protected]
Applications not submitted using the two methods will NOT be considered.
“KASNEB is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate any applicant on the basis of their ethnic background, sex, religion, disability, HIV status or marital status yet is attentive to gender, regional and ethnic balance”.
Kindly note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification