The Kenya Association of Travel Agents (KATA) in a membership association that represents the needs of the Travel Agent community in Kenya. KATA works to enhance and improve the Travel Industry business climate in Kenya by promoting the services of her members to the general public, protecting their rights and assisting them to optimize their businesses.
The Association seeks to fill the position of the Finance & Administrative Manager.
SUMMARY OF ROLE:
- Manages all functions of the Secretariat including all day-to-day operations and provides a supporting role to the CEO.
- Maintains administrative staff by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training employees; maintaining a safe and secure work environment; developing personal growth opportunities.
- Work closely and transparently with all external partners including third-party vendors and consultants.
- Oversee administrative functions as well as facilities to ensure efficient and consistent operations as the organization scales.
- Maintains continuity among membership, Executive Board and Secretariat teams by documenting and communicating actions, irregularities, and continuing needs.
- Manages writing of reports for senior management and delivering presentations.
- Coordinate and lead the annual audit process, liaise with external auditors and the finance committee of the board of directors; assess any changes necessary.
- Analyze and present financial reports in an accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements; collate financial reporting materials for all donor segments, and oversee all financial, project/program accounting.
- Implement a robust contracts management and financial management/ reporting system; ensure that the contract billing and collection schedule is adhered to and that financial data and cash flow are steady and support operational requirements.
- Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; improve the finance department’s overall policy and procedure manual.
- Effectively communicate and present the critical financial matters to the board of directors.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce, Business Administration or similar;
- Understanding and knowledge of the travel industry is a requirement;
- An MBA, CPA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent is an added advantage;
- At least 5-7 years of overall professional experience with a minimum of 3 years in a similar role;
- The ideal candidate has experience of final responsibility for the quality and content of all financial data, reporting and audit coordination for either a division or significant program area, and has preferably overseen a human resources function previously;
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with — programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds;
- Commitment to training programs that maximize individual and organization goals across the organization including best practices in human resources activities;
- A successful track record in setting priorities; keen analytic, organization and problem solving skills which support and enable sound decision making;
- Excellent communication (oral & written) and relationship building skills with an ability to prioritize, negotiate, and work with a variety of internal and external stakeholders;
- A multi-tasker with the ability to wear many hats in a fast-paced environment;
- Personal qualities of integrity, credibility, and dedication.
Start date: Immediate
How to Apply
To apply for the above position, kindly email your CV with all relevant documents to [email protected]. Closing date for applications is Sunday 27th September 2015. Due to the expected large number of applications expected, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.