Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a state corporation committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio and Television services.
The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant positions with dynamic, self driven and results-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives.
SS BE4 – BE3 (1 Post – TV Services; 1 Post – Radio Services)
The Role: Reporting to the Marketing Manager, the successful applicants will be responsible for the overall Development and Management of Radio and Television Brands with the aim of achieving and maintaining leadership positions in the market.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Prepare and Implement annual brand plans to achieve set targets.
• Ensure Brand profitability is achieved through optimal management of resources.
• Collect, Analyze & Prepare brand reports and conduct competitive market analysis.
• Develop and Implement Brand Communication Strategies.
• Liaise with External Agencies in developing and implementing Brand Strategies.
• Plan and Coordinate Market Research activities.
• Identify and Initiate Brand Improvements to meet changing market needs
• Responsible for New Product(s) Development
• Utilize Consumer-driven Insights to drive long-term growth of the Brands
• Bachelor’s Degree in Commerce (Marketing option) or related field from a recognized University
• Post Graduate Diploma preferred
• Masters Degree (Marketing option) will be an added advantage.
• Strong understanding of brand management
• Must be able to work collaboratively with Agencies and Internal resources to build brand equity
• Post-Graduate Diploma in marketing preferred.
• Must have served in a Brand Management position for at least five (5) years with demonstrable professional ability in a large and busy organization.
SS BE4 – BE3
The Role: Reporting to the Advertising Manager, the successful applicants will Coordinate and Manage sales operations at the respective regional levels (i.e. Nairobi, Western and Central regions) to achieve monthly sales target.
Duties and Responsibilities:
• Preparation of sales targets and forecasts
• Managing a team of advertising executives
• Maintaining good client service and relationship management
• Monitoring market trends and generating new ideas for sales and market expansion
• Developing sales strategies to achieve revenue growth
• Maintaining and fostering business relationships
• Assessment and evaluation of the sales team
• Coordinating and training of the sales team
• Monitoring brand sales performance and preparations of brands’ performance reports.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing or any Business field from a recognized University.
• Post-Graduate Diploma in Sales/Marketing.
• A masters Degree will be an added advantage
• Leadership and people management skills
• Five years in leadership position
• Excellent client service skills
• Ability to cultivate long standing client relationships
• Strong understanding of lead generation
• Superior communication and presentation skills
• A good understanding and experience in the media industry will be an added advantage
• Must have served in Sales and marketing in a senior position for at least three (3) years preferably in Broadcasting Industry.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit:
1. Detailed and current CV
2. Copies of relevant certificates
3. Cover letter demonstrating why they qualify for the relevant position
4. Names & contact information for three (3) referees
5. Current remuneration package and expectations.
The applications must be received on or before 30th October, 2015. Managing Director
Kenya Broadcasting Corporation
P.O Box 30456-00100
Nairobi KBC is an equal opportunity employer.
Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply