Reporting to the Chief Digital Media Administrator, the Digital Content Editor will be responsible for generating online news content of the Corporation, manage the Corporation’s Online News platforms as well as create and implement various online news strategies.
He/she will also provide news stories, features and other news related content to strengthen the Corporation’s digital platforms.
Digital Content Editor Job Key Responsibilities
- Aid in generating news stories for all digital platforms;
- Manage the daily running of the online news desk
- Assign various duties to online reporters
- Proof-read copy
- Scripting for video and radio
- Manage breaking news on all digital News platforms;
- Ensure moderation of comments on all Online News platforms
- Promote prime time TV and Radio news on Social Media
- Monitor news-based content & feedback on social media.
Minimum Educational and Professional Requirements for the Digital Content Editor Job
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication/Journalism
- Three (3) years relevant working experience in a reputable newsroom and at least two (2) years as a Reporter
- Must have a working knowledge of online technology and online news best practices and an appreciation of the business processes, protocols and controls
- Good understanding of Media Laws & Media Ethics
- Must have good command of English and Kiswahili
- Must have strong writing, editing and analytical skills
- Must be self driven, assertive, punctual and organized
- Demonstrable professional approach, enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty, trust and loyalty
- Ability to keep abreast with evolving trends through continuing professional education in the area of digital platforms.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position and names/contact information for three (3) referees. Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 9th December, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. MANAGING DIRECTOR KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION P.O. BOX 30456-00100 NAIROBI. KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply.