Kenya Broadcasting Corporation is a state corporation committed to excellence in broadcast services to our audience, customers and the public. Its aim is to inform, educate and entertain the public through Radio and Television services.
The Corporation wishes to fill the following vacant positions with dynamic, self driven and results-oriented professionals to achieve its corporate objectives.
Position: Digital Library Officer
The above vacancy exist in ICT Department.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Designing and developing web applications
• Gathering, Software requirements from users.
• Installing &configuring software on web &database servers.
• Securing applications against hacking vulnerabilities.
• Integrating, development applications with existing systems.
• Supporting and maintaining the corporation’s digital storage.
• Installing and maintaining media management systems.
• Supporting and maintaining the enterprise resource plan.
• Bachelor degree in information technology
• Should posses the following skills: HTML, PHP, JAVA SCRIPT, VB.NET, SQL, and CSS.
• Proficiency in MySQL and Microsoft SQL
Position: Mayienga FM Presenters
The above vacancies exist in Mayienga FM .Qualified candidates are encouraged to apply.
• Develop and use show formats, style, adlibs and playlist and transmit all booked content.
• Create concepts, scripts and voiceovers e.g. live, recorded and commercial.
• Interview, narrate and, present and produce programme and commercials.
• Research background for shows and programmes.
• Diploma in Journalism and Mass Communication.
• Minimum KCSE C with excellent performance in Kiswahili and English.
• At least one year exposure to radio packaging and on-air presentation software
• A Degree in related field will be an added advantage.
• Comprehensive fluency in Kiswahili, English and Dholuo language.
• Ability to translate from English and Kiswahili to Dholuo and vice versa.
• A pleasant and inspiration personality.
• A good understanding of both secular and religious Luo music.
• An interest in the generation and use of creative sounds such as sweepers, drops, effects and other on-air promotional properties
• Basic skills in computer operations.
• At least one year exposure to radio packaging and on-air presentation software.
How to Apply
If you feel you are the right person for any of the above jobs and can demonstrate your competence, please send your application and resume together with the copies of your certificates to reach the undersigned not later than 26th October, 2015. Managing Director Kenya Broadcasting Corporation
P.O Box 30456-00100
Nairobi KBC is an equal opportunity employer.
Persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply’’