Reporting to the Chief Digital Media Administrator, the Digital Photojournalist will be responsible for capture, processing and storage of digital images and videos. He/she will be responsible for generating media formats for online compatibility.
Key Responsibilities for the Photojournalist Job
- Take creative and eye-catching photos or video segments
- Write narration/metadata to accompany images
- Post approved photos online and on social media platforms
- Identify photos and archive according to the Corporation’s standards
- Use image-editing software such as Photoshop or Print Shop Pro to edit images
- Ensure the Corporation’s standard image watermarking is applied.
Minimum Educational and Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Mass Communication/Journalism
- Three (3) years relevant working experience
- Proficiency in IT skills and capturing of HDR images
- Must have a working knowledge of online technology and online news best practices and an appreciation of the business processes, protocols and controls
- Proven professional shooting experience and ability to manipulate lighting
- Must be self driven, assertive, punctual & organized
- Must be social media savvy, innovative & creative
- Demonstrable professional approach, enthusiasm, drive, commitment, honesty, trust and loyalty
- Solid knowledge of Photoshop
- Must be a team player, dynamic and open to feedback
- Ability to multi-task, juggle through multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines.
How to Apply
Interested candidates who meet the above criteria must submit a detailed updated CV; copies of relevant certificates/testimonials; application/cover letter demonstrating how they qualify for the relevant position and names/contact information for three (3) referees. Applications addressed to the undersigned must be received on or before 9th December, 2016. Only shortlisted candidates will be notified. MANAGING DIRECTOR KENYA BROADCASTING CORPORATION P.O. BOX 30456-00100 NAIROBI. ‘’KBC is an equal opportunity employer. Women, Persons with Disabilities and the Marginalized are encouraged to apply’’.