AML Compliance Manager
Job Ref: RISK 03/2015
The Position: Reporting to the Head, Compliance & Ethics, the position will be responsible to ensure central compliance oversight and surveillance on AML/KYC issues in KCB Kenya and support Group Liaison, and will act as the AML liaison contact in Head Office, maintaining continuous dialogue and information to business units on AML/KYC policies and practices.
- Act as anti-money laundering liaison contact in Head Office, maintaining continuous dialogue and information to business units on key issues defined in the AML/KYC policies.
- Maintain monitoring of sales and new business activities to identify advise on, and resolve any high risk activity.
- Act as the AML System Business System Administrator, ensuring effective alert management, review and reporting.
- Track and alert on the status and performance of AML/KYC compliance responsibilities across Bank Units.
- Support the direction, development, maintenance and distribution of AML/KYC awareness and system training & other compliance policy training across the network units.
- Carryout initial review of AML alerts and maintain follow-up for conclusion on AML case management, including providing AML system support to users.
- Maintain AML/KYC compliance risk data collection, analysis and preparing reports with recommendations to mitigate exposures.
- Maintain continuous engagement with business units and to review and advise on New Products, and Projects, for conformance with AML/KYC and sanctions programs.
- Through liaison with business unit maintaining and advising status on Reputational risk issues to relevant committee.
- Monitor and report on the daily management of compliance issues at respective units including significant internal policies as may be advised.
- Prepare internal & external compliance reports for the central compliance office with regard to external and regulatory compliance issues on AML/KYC.
- Provide compliance risk liaison at peer levels across specialist and risk functions. (Legal, Audit, Risk, HR, Finance, including Forensic investigations and Insurance)
Qualifications and Requirements
For the above position, the successful applicants should have:
- A first degree from a recognized university. An MBA degree will be an added advantage.
- A relevant Anti-Money Laundering Qualification (ACAMS)
- At least one risk-relevant professional qualification, IRM, PRMIA, GARP, RCP II, etc.
- At least 1 year experience in working with the Oracle FCCM AML System (formerly Mantas)
- 5 years of wide ranging bank experience – 3 years management experience, in either operations, or compliance/audit related activities, with demonstrated understanding of the regulatory environment including CBK Prudential Guidelines.
- Good knowledge of money laundering issues and KYC requirements.
- A good know-how of bank-wide business functions, administration and supervisory skills.
- Good management skills including organizational, communication and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated high integrity.
The above positions are demanding roles which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidates.
How to Apply
If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to [email protected] To be considered your application must be received by Sept. 18, 2015. Only short listed candidates will be contacted