Reporting to the Head Trade Finance, the position will be responsible for the implementation of the Trade Finance strategy and for growing the assigned trade finance client portfolio, drive profitability and growth targets whilst maintaining high level of customer satisfaction.
- To implement the Trade Finance strategy in line with the overall Corporate Banking Strategy; to ensure achievement of profitability targets through revenue maximization and prudent cost management.
- Drive sustainable growth through the delivery of innovative and customized Trade Finance solutions and products to meet identified customer needs.
- Grow Trade Finance business volumes and revenues, and manage assigned client portfolio, from deal origination, structuring, credit approval, through to contracting and placement while ensuring that the process is efficient.
- Champion the delivery of consistent, seamless and trusted customer service to ensure customer retention and loyalty.
- To build and maintain productive and strategic relations with customers/ suppliers/ line manager/ stakeholders to drive the development and delivery of business solutions and revenue growth for the specific sectors or portfolio.
- Provide, professional client advisory services on all trade finance related matters.
- Provide deal review and structuring expertise to ensure that new transactions are operationally workable, consistent with Transaction Banking strategy and acceptable from a risk and return perspective.
- Ensure strong cross- selling of existing and new products to existing and new clients; and in this process, maintain effective liaison with all relevant business units in the bank
- Maintains a detailed and current understanding of the industry; (at a macro, sector specific, current market structures; regulatory requirements and issues) to ensure that that opportunities are realized and the risks mitigated.
- Ensure timely submission of quality credit proposals in conformity with the Credit Policy guidelines and requirements.
- Ensure compliance to the Bank’s policies, procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Lead, motivate, and continuously develop a credible high performing team.
For the above position, the successful applicant should have the following:
- University Degree preferably in a Business related field. A Master’s degree or professional qualifications in a relevant field preferably CPA/ ACCA / AKIB or Trade Finance certification will be an added advantage.
- Have at least 5 years’ management experience in Trade Finance with below responsibilities:
- Structured Trade Finance
- Experience in deal origination and execution.
- Relationship Management and Customer Service
- Financial Analysis and Business Performance Management
- Product development
- Credit Management
- Thorough knowledge of Corporate Banking & Trade Finance Products & Services with extensive Banking Industry knowledge.
- Deep understanding of Trade Finance Instruments
- Excellent interpersonal, and negotiation skills with the ability to network, generate new business and develop strong business relations.
- A good understanding of Risk, Compliance policies and procedures.
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to email@example.com.
To be considered your application must be received by Friday, 3rd March, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents:
- National I.D.
- KRA PIN Card
- Birth Certificate of self
- Passport Photo (White Background)
- NSSF Card
- NHIF Card
- Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old)
- Academic & Professional certificates, including official transcripts
- Certificates of Service as applicable