Kenya Commercial Bank Limited is registered as a non-operating holding company which started operations as a licensed banking institution with effect from January 1, 2016. The holding company oversees KCB Kenya – incorporated with effect from January 1, 2016 – and all KCB’s regional units in Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda, Burundi, Ethiopia and South Sudan. It also owns KCB Insurance Agency, KCB Capital, KCB Foundation and all associate companies. The holding company was set up to among other things to enhance the Group’s capacity to access unrestricted capital and also enable investment in new ventures outside banking regulations, achieve operational and strategic autonomy for the Group’s operating entities and enhance corporate governance across the Group and oversight in management of subsidiaries.
Reporting to the Transactor – Equity/Debt Markets, the position will be responsible for the origination, execution of investment banking transactions, preparing financial models, reports and performance metrics the investment banking team.
Investment Banking Analyst Job Key Responsibilities
- Analysing and synthesizing financial and operating information about companies and sectors in order to gain insights and develop opportunities for clients.
- Building detailed financial models in support of debt and equity investment banking transactions.
- Perform valuation analyses using various methodologies including discounted cash flow and market multiples.
- Originating development of marketing materials in support of client presentations.
- Drafting client deliverables such as information memoranda and term sheets
- Participating in the execution of investment banking transactions by developing responsive and innovative transaction structures in support of investment banking transactions.
- Undertaking detailed economic, sectorial and company research and analysis in support of investment banking transactions.
- Attend client meetings in support of origination and execution of investment banking transactions.
Qualifications for the Investment Banking Analyst Job
- University Degree preferably in a business related field.
- Professional qualifications (CFA/KIB/ACIB/CPA/ACCA, NSE ATS Certificate) or MBA is an added advantage.
- At least 3 years’ experience as an analyst in the with experience in the following areas:
2 years’ experience developing and updating of financial models and valuations.
2 years’ experience undertaking Research on assigned industries or sectors.
- Experience in Investment Banking/ Finance/ Advisory is an added advantage
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of Brokerage and Advisory business environment, regulations and operations.
Demonstrate an understanding of both fundamental and technical analysis of a company
- Excellent knowledge of the fixed income and equities market.
- Conceptual and Analytical Skills: Flair with figures, and strong analytical skills with the ability to interpret financial information
- Excellent, high quality interpersonal, presentation, problem solving, negotiation skills with the ability to positively and clearly communicate with a variety of constituents.
- Ability to network through all open channels with large technological dependency for the target market.
- Proven excellent planning, organization and execution skills.
- A good understanding of Risk, Credit policies and procedures.
How to Apply
The above positions are demanding roles for which the Bank will provide a competitive package for the successful candidate. If you believe you can clearly demonstrate your abilities to meet the criteria given above, please submit your application with a detailed CV, stating your current position, remuneration level, e-mail address and telephone contacts quoting the job title/reference in the subject field to [email protected]
To be considered your application must be received by Thursday 29th June, 2017
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
NB: In the event that you are successful, we will require that you provide us with the following documents: National I.D. KRA PIN Card Birth Certificate of self Passport Photo (White Background) NSSF Card NHIF Card Certificate of Good Conduct (less than 5 Months old) Academic & Professional certificates, including official transcripts Certificates of Service as applicable